JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   October 2014 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f2018-october-2014-playroom/)
-   -   spinning babies anybody? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f2018-october-2014-playroom/2722756-spinning-babies-anybody.html)

butterflies.in.a.jar June 5th, 2014 09:46 PM

spinning babies anybody?

Have any of you btdt mommas used spinning babies before?

I am a crooked sitter. I pretty much always have been. Because of stomach/intestinal issues I've always had, I am most comfortable with one leg up, and after years of that, this pregnancy, my uterus is tipped. (It wasn't with my son) Because of that, I have been suggested to start doing the spinning babies exercises to try to somewhat balance things out before this baby gets into a "malposition". We want to be proactive. BUT. I went to the site tonight to get started, and it is really overwhelming. I have no idea where to start. I saw the video, but I don't have the spare $20 right now in my PayPal to buy it. Especially if I can get it free somewhere.

Anybody know where I should start? I'm so confused!!

babymama10 June 5th, 2014 10:55 PM

Re: spinning babies anybody?

I am gonna try this. I read a lot of how some of these amazing techniques may have helped me avoid the emergency type of vaginal delivery from my daughter being in a funky position.See... for those of you using good older midwives those ladies smell problems like this coming before they happen and fix it before emergency usually. O.B.'s just kinda let the nurses monitor you while you LAY DOWN flat on your back in labor BEFORE the epidural. Thats when things get tricky. At least that has been MY experience with all 10 of my labor and deliveries.

V.I.Mommy June 6th, 2014 08:40 AM

I have not checked it out yet but my midwife recommended the website to me to check out as she said some of the positions and techniques they use can be very helpful in labour and she highly recommends it to people who are having a home birth.
I definitely wouldn't pay for anything before looking on youtube to see if anyone has posted the video (or a similar one) or if there are other similar websites that offer the same info with out charging $20.00

flitabout June 6th, 2014 09:06 AM

Don't pay for anything you can pretty much get it all online for free whether it's youtube, or their actual site!

I wanted to add that I have already started just because I don't like where Gabe is kicking me.

pr1madona June 6th, 2014 09:45 AM

I did with #3. After having an anterior lip of cervix with #2 and dealing with the pain of having that manually lifted over her head while I pushed, I did everything possible to ensure #3 was in proper position. Chiro, spinning babies, sat upright all the time etc. That being said, she was my longest labor and didn't get into proper position until around 7cm, or 15hrs of labor. And I still ended up with an anterior lip. However, she was a natural delivery, I pushed for 10 min etc so it definitely didn't hurt anything. I think spinning babies is great, and won't hurt, especially doing the hands and knees, and stairs exercises if they apply. And the pelvic release is great. But don't be disappointed if in spite of doing everything, baby is still not in ideal position when labor starts. That's why it is important to move around a lot in early labor, don't get stuck on your back in a bed, and avoid an epi if at all possible. Oh and refuse water getting broken because if baby isn't in good position and your water is broken it can really mess up things.

Mslily1125 June 6th, 2014 01:59 PM

I'd never heard of this but I'm going to check it out. Will they know when you're admitted whether baby is in a bad position?

butterflies.in.a.jar June 6th, 2014 05:24 PM

MsLily, yes they should know before baby is born what position she (or he) is in ;)

pr1madona June 8th, 2014 08:25 AM

They will know baby's position before/during labor. But babies do move during labor, which is one reason not to get water broken early on. My 1st was OP at the start of labor but turned OA. My 3rd and 4th, I could feel and see them turn right around 7cm.

HalfDozen June 12th, 2014 11:23 PM

My kids like to stay breech right up until the very end. #4 even flipped overnight when they put me in to induce me with her. When they were ready to start the induction at night, they realized she was breech. So, they were going to attempt a version before re-starting in the morning, and by that point, she had flipped again.

Anyhow, yes, I did this with #5. I do think it worked. I was scheduled for a version with him at like 39 weeks, and when I went in for it, he had flipped to head-down. I did the hands and knees, and the inverted on the couch.

All of the positions are available on the website for free so definitely don't pay for it!! It will take some looking it over, and I felt ridiculous doing it, but since baby flipped, I figure it was worth the silliness I felt. ;)