JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Once Upon a Time (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1926-once-upon-time/)
-   -   Anitha's second pregnancy journal (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1926-once-upon-time/2622176-anithas-second-pregnancy-journal.html)

Anitha February 5th, 2013 07:24 AM

Anitha's second pregnancy journal

6weeks and 2 days

Hello, I have decided to start a journal for this pregnancy. I am sure writing about it will give me relief when I am going through some difficult symptoms. I also look forward to reading this long after my little one is born. He/She may be my last LO and I want to chronicle as much of my experience as possible. Please feel free to read and/or comment. But I cannot guarantee that you won't be bored. I am trying to record a lot of detail :)

I got my BFP on CD 23 of my cycle, at 11 DPO. I thought I saw a faint line on the eveneing of 10 DPO and then I saw a definite line on 11 DPO :) I got a very clear line on the FRER on 11 DPO and a better line on the FRER plus the unmistakable word "Pregnant" on a clearblue digi on 12 DPO.

The first week and a half was uneventful...I even dared to hope that this pregnancy may be kind to me on the nausea front. But I hoped too soon :( at about 5 weeks and 4 days I felt like the wierd extreme hunger pangs on and off. At 5 weeks 5 days, I had some slight nausea and extreme hunger in the morning by the time I got off the shower. It kept getting worse over that weekend Fev 2nd and 3rd and on the evening of Feb 4th at 6 weeks 1 day I threw up for the first time this pregnancy. I know its only the first of many more such episodes :( But I stopped temping today Tuesday Feb 5th. With this much nausea I am somewhat reassured that things are ok in there :) The hardest parts so far have been dealing with nausea at work, taking my prenatal pill and feeling so tired at work! My first OB appointment with Dr. Priddy will be on Feb 21st. I will be almost 9 weeks by then :) I can't wait for first trimester to be over. Second Tri is the best.

Spyctre February 9th, 2013 06:41 AM

Re: Anitha's second pregnancy journal

I'm sorry for the nausea. Mine will start a bit early, but doesn't really gain steam till 9 weeks or so. Then it's here till delivery. =P Such a miserable feeling! I hope it backs off quickly.

allysmomma February 9th, 2013 11:29 AM

It seems I've had more nausea (thankfully no throwing up) this go around. It seems I was a little nauseaous with my first and it was a girl, just as the chinese predictor calendar says this one is. I'm just really restless and hoping to get more restful nights as I progress...yeah right!! lol Heres to the nausea going away sooner than later for us all!!!

slmehaffey February 13th, 2013 07:30 PM

Congrats! I'll likely read your story no matter how boring you think it is because I just love birth and pregnancy... and I need something to keep me awake while I wait for my hubby to get home from work... not sure how long that is going to last, pre-pregnancy I always stayed up for him, but now only 11dpo I'm so tired I doubt I'll last the next hour.

Anitha February 15th, 2013 08:47 AM

Thank you ladies for reading my journal and commenting :)

7weeks 5 days - February 15th 2013
The nausea this week has been bad but bearable. I took Monday morning off and then Tuesday also off (11th & 12th) due to a bad cold on top of the nausea and fatigue. I had some good days in between, but mostly all day nausea. I am so done with this...wonder when it will start getting better. Trying my best not to use the zofran but had to take 1 or 2 of them some days. I am drinking a ton of dilute yoghurt and lemonade. Water just tastes disgusting right now. Can only drink a little bit of water with lots of ice. I think I have gained weight though as I've been constantly eating to stave of the nausea and when I throw up its only stomach acid and water. I weighed myself today and I am at at 130 lb. I distinctly remember being 125lb at 11 dpo when I got the bfp :) Hopefully I wont gain at this rate throughout the pregnancy. I have been having vivid dreams. In one of the dreams I saw the LO being born and he looked just like Lekha. Yes it was a boy in the dream :) I have been craving sour stuff so much. DH was so sweet and bought me raw unripe mangoes as thats the most popular item among pregnant women in our culture. I love it! My appointment is next Thursday with my OB. (Feb 21st) and there will be an ultrasound too. Can't wait to see the baby. Thats about it for this update. Ciao.

slmehaffey February 17th, 2013 07:18 PM

raw unripe mangos? I am not a fan of mangos, but for some reason this actually sounds intriguing to me, too bad my location doesn't have a whole lot of variety in fruit or I'd totally go get one now.
I hope the nausea backs off for you a bit.. I wasn't doing too great (no puking yet) the other day and then it suddenly disappeared yesterday afternoon and has not come back yet.

Anitha February 18th, 2013 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slmehaffey (Post 27104912)
raw unripe mangos? I am not a fan of mangos, but for some reason this actually sounds intriguing to me, too bad my location doesn't have a whole lot of variety in fruit or I'd totally go get one now.
I hope the nausea backs off for you a bit.. I wasn't doing too great (no puking yet) the other day and then it suddenly disappeared yesterday afternoon and has not come back yet.

Thank you. Yeah raw unripe mangoes are super sour and if cut them, I salt them a little bit and sprinkle some cayenne pepper to spice it up...OMG yumm!

slmehaffey February 18th, 2013 11:49 AM

Ok yesterday when I didn't have morning sickness that sounded good, today it sounds like it might kill me...lol!

Anitha February 20th, 2013 07:56 AM

8weeks 3 days - February 20th 2013
Yesterday was DH's birthday. I had ordered a gift for him from Amazon (Plantronics backbeat bluetooth head set) and other than that I had done nothing. Yesterday was baaad nausea wise and I could barely make it through the day at work. When I left, I picked up DD and drove to the grocery store and picked up a cake. All the while I'm thinking I hope I don't throw up in the store!! Finally made it home right before DH got home and we cut the cake, DD and I sang happy birthday, he loved his gift and best part of all was I had no more nause the rest of the evening. Its like God decided to give us one good evening for DH's birthday :) We also skyped with my SIL who was absolutely thrilled at our baby news. She was practically jumping up and down, I felt awesome. She is very sweet! Today I do have nausea but not as bad as yesterday...I hope I am turning a corner and this pregnancy I will be lucky enough to have only first trimester nausea(last time its lasted all the way to 18 weeks!) So thats about it, not much pregnancy update, but wanted to log how we spent my DH's birthday. Also tomorrow is my first Dr's appointment and ultrasound for this pregnancy. So excited !!

slmehaffey February 20th, 2013 03:29 PM

Good luck at your appointment tomorrow!

Anitha February 24th, 2013 01:53 PM

8 weeks 4 days (Pasting contents of my ultrasound post here)
It went great!! She immediately saw the baby and oh to my surprise it was an abdominal ultrasound with my bladder emptied! Yay. Baby measured exactly on target based on my calculations 8 weeks & 4 days :excited: But the technician decided to stick to the estimate of 8 weeks 1 day based on my LMP since the difference was only 3 days :rolleyes: I am going to leave my ticker as it is though. Nobody's taking away 3 days from me especially when the baby agrees ;)
The heart rate was 176 :wub: I asked her where the placenta was and she said its everywhere...but may be more on the left and less on the right. Based on Ramzi's method it's probably a girl :wub: we'll see. And here is a pic of my teddy bear, although not very clear.(Its a pic of a pic)

http://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.just...74ebf336d3.jpg

I feel so happy and relieved now. All that m/s was worth this moment :)

9 weeks February 24th 2013
I more week eek, it does seems to pick up pace now :) My ticker has moved to the next box showing a very real baby like image :) I love it! Yesterday was our 7th anniversary and it was such a great day. I am so blessed to have met my husband!! Seven years (plus 1 yr before we got married) have flown by so quickly. We went out to PFChangs for lunch and then shopped and ordered a new king bed as our old one had to be discarded. And then in the evening we went to a birthday party where I told all my friends about the pregnancy! I found out that there were three more in my circle that are pregnant - I love having the company :) It was such a lovely day. MS had been at bay all day! Only at the end of the day when I was about to go to bed I had some nausea. Curling up in my bed helped. We had told DD about the baby after we had the ultrasound appointment. At first she didn't seem too interested. But today she drew a picture of two big hearts, one little heart and a tiny heart inside one of the big hearts and said that's daddy, mommy, herself and the little heart inside mommy was the bay :wub: I all but teared up. She kisses my belly now to "kiss" the baby. She is just so adorable. Nausea has been at bay today too. DH went grocery shopping and stocked me up with so many snacks, ginger candy, ginger soda etc. I love love love him. That's it for this update, hope the MS tapers off and I can start picking up the slack and do all the cooking and the cleaning that my poor DH has been managing all by himself.

Hockey247 February 24th, 2013 02:33 PM

I love journaling and posting in journals so I hope you don't mind comments. I wouldn't have made it through my long journey without my TTC journal.

I'm sorry that m/s is hitting you again. I hope this time its over really soon. I teared up when I read about the picture your lo drew, so sweet.

slmehaffey February 24th, 2013 07:02 PM

Yay for a great anniversary and finding out about friends you can journey through pregnancy with! So exciting! I feel like time goes so fast and so slow at the same time... at one moment i'm like "wow it was almost two weeks about I found out about being pregnant" and the next minute I'm wondering why I'm ONLY 5weeks along..lol.

Anitha March 1st, 2013 12:29 PM

Thank you for the comments ladies :)

9 weeks & 5 days March 01 2013
There isn't much that has changed since my last entry. But I wanted to log this because for the first time today I definitely felt baby move!! It still feels insane that I can feel him/her this early! I felt the little fluttery ticklish early movement feeling low down on my belly near my pubic bone while driving in to work this AM. I think I felt him/her again later in the day as well. It's an incredible feeling and I never thought I'd get this lucky and feel baby this early. Nausea wise, its on and off. I had a few good days with the most nausea only late in the evening, but today I've had it bad since this morning and I've had to take zofran 4 mg twice so far. I had this craving for 'Uzhundha vadai' and I called DH and let him know. He's picking up some from the Indian grocery store this evening yay! And I love that I made it to work every day this week and yay its the weekend. My pubic/pelvic pain is still there...slowly getting worse, but not too bad yet. I know that's going to change soon. I've also been getting the dreaded head aches. Had one last night and again this afternoon :( Hope those don't progress to the all day migraines like I had with Lekha! That's it for this update :)

Anitha March 17th, 2013 05:56 PM

Pasting my post about my appointment with the NP March 12 2013:
I am seeing the NP this afternoon at 1.30 EST. I have been having raging nausea and m/s. I threw up even today...but I know thats not a sure indicator of anything! I am suddenly nervous now. Please pray that she listens with the doppler and finds the HB (I hope she tries though!)

Also I knowI will be asking abt the NT scan and or Maternit21 & Harmony tests. Anything else you guys can think of that I should ask?

UPDATE:
Thanks so much for giving me some luck and confidence. The appt went well. They made me pee in a cup and took a ton of bood. Weighed me and took my BP etc. The NP asked and recorded details abt family history, medical history etc. explained a bit about the various tests. Apparently they recommend the Harmony. She said she is not particularly urging me to get it, but it was up to me and I'd have to check with my insurance if it's covered. In anycase they said they could give me the first trimester quad screening blood test if we wanted to in case we decided not to go with the Harmony.
She did a breast exam!! I wasn't expecting that! But no pelvic exam go figure! She finally got the doppler out and assured me that if we don't hear the HB not to be alarmed and they would do an ultrasound. She did find the HB and said the heart rate was in the 160s yay!! So relieved and happy. They sent me home with a baggie with the 'What to Expect' book, some dos and don'ts lists of medications that are safe etc. and some prenatal samples.

Overall I liked her. She even apologized more than once for having to reschedule me!!

I will be seeing my OB in about 2 weeks And then I will be alternating between the OB and the NP every other visit.

12 weeks March 17 2013

The last two weeks have been well very different from each other! from abt 10 weeks 1 day to 11 weeks, I seemed to feel better nausea wise and I really thought I was turning a corner. But from 11 weeks onwards it has come back with a vengeance and worse than ever. It has been so bad and zofran is no longer helping...I have been in bed practically all day Saturday (yesterday) Today has been bad too. Plus I am dealing with a raging head ache now to boot! My pelvic pain is also getting worse by the day. :( I hope things improve this coming week. I am so worried about work and how I am going to make it through each day...well that's it for this update...the nausea and headache are making it hard for me to look at the computer screen.

slmehaffey March 18th, 2013 05:33 PM

nausea and headache make it hard on me too... I'm glad to see that you are doing well otherwise.

Anitha March 22nd, 2013 12:48 PM

12 weeks 5 days March 22 2013
Ob visit (X-posted)
I had an OB visit yesterday evening and I finally got to meet her! ( My last appt was with the NP) I peed in a cup. She did a pap :/ She has given me a referral to Fetal maternal medicine. They will be calling and setting up an appt with me for the first trimester screening ( NT scan + blood test) AND/OR the MaterniT21. I emphasized that I was only interested in the MaterniT21, but she insisted that she refer me for both and have them explain to me about both after which I can make my decision

My insurance says it covers both 100% . But DH made the call and he did not ask all the right questions...like is it still covered even if I am not categorized as high risk? etc.

We heard the baby's heartbeat. She said it was in the 160s and sounded pretty close to the surface & wouldn't be surprized if I started feeling baby. I was impressed!

When I mentioned about SPD & Chiropractors & how PT had not been much help the last time around, she kept saying, still it would be a good idea to get the belt at around 20 weeks. She had nothing against me seeing a chiropractor, but as far as she knew they cant help much with this problem either. Of course she can refer me to a PT again if I wished!!

Finally she made me get the Flu shot!! Not to start a debate here. DD is fully vaxed. But I have never had much faith in the Flu shot. We have given it to her 2 out her 4 winters( when she has been going to daycare) I have never had it in my 11 yrs of living in the USA. I just know its R & D'd & manufactured in such a short time and the protection rate is so low, plus there are risks associated. The risks vs benefits just doesn't add up for me.... Any how, she was pretty persuasive and had me get the Flushot right there and assured me that I will be getting one in September as well!! I just told myself I am picking my battles. But I wish I didn't have any battles at all with my OB!! Hmm...I so hope she does bulldoze over me during labor and have me end up with all sorts of interventions

That was it - I will be seeing Fetal maternal medicine in a few days hopefully and wont have another appt until next month.

General update
The nausea has been there on and off for me. Today has been ok..but a cpl days back, I had nausea which woke me up in the middle of the night! Yuck! I threw up so much stomach acid and bile that morning. I had to take two zofran yesterday, but didn't throw up. Today I haven't taken any zofran yet, but I feel yucky. The SPD pain seems to have worsened. I am not able to lift my legs up one at a time. Today I drove DH's car and its been so painful getting in and out of it. I drive the minivan which is much easier to get into! Nothing else much to update. Scheduled the fetal maternal medicine appt for Tuesday March 26th.

Anitha March 27th, 2013 01:56 PM

13 weeks 2 days March 26th 2013
NT scan
I had my NT scan this afternoon. They explained abt screening etc. Then explained that Sequenom, the company that does the MaterniT21 isn't accepting tests unless we fall under some kind of higher risk They did say Harmony accepted low risk women, BUT it has not really been tested for accuracy on low risk. Still they do it if I insisted, but they would recommend waiting for the part 1 results of the sequential screening at the least. I agreed & they proceeded with the NTscan and the blood draw.

Well, the crown to rump length was ~ 7.5 cm and it put me a little over 13 weeks, which would be on-target. The Nuchal translucency was 2.5 mm The baby was moving a lot arching the back, eating fingers etc and she had a hard time measuring and she settled at that measurement. I am definitely a bit worried that its at the higher end of normal

And then she tried the nub shot And she guessed

:cheer: :cheer: Girl :cheer: :cheer:

I'll be honest and say I do have some gender disappointment. This was my last chance to get a little baby boy. But God has his plans and I am sure its going to be amazing with two little girlies running around :)
She also said there was cyst on my right ovary and probably had ovulated from the right.

I am posting this at 13 weeks and 3 days March 27th and I have to record here that my M/S has been so much better yesterday and today. I actually feel human!!

slmehaffey March 27th, 2013 05:48 PM

It is still a very early scan she could have guessed wrong, don't be too disappointed yet, you might still get a boy.
Glad your appointment went well. I don't know what that second number you were worried about is or what it means, but I'm sure everything is fine with baby... congrats on making it out of or at least to the door in the morning sickness department... I can't wait to get there myself.

Anitha March 30th, 2013 07:20 AM

13 weeks and 5 days March 29th 2013
Well I spoke too soon about the MS the last few days were bad. Today especially was a holiday(GoodFriday) and I was looking forward to this extra day off to catch up on some cleaning and laundry. But noooo I could hardly get out of bed. Yuck!!

I got some news today. The fetal maternal medicine office called me. The genetic counselor Jenn called and said that my numbers from the screening came out great. My risk for Down syndrome is 1/2500 and for Trisomy 18 is 1/10000. She said those are great numbers and my risk just purely based on age was much higher and that based on the scan and the blood test they had gone down.

I would still have to get the second part blood test of the screening done at 16 weeks. Overall I am definitely relieved especially since the NT measurement seemed to be on the higher end of normal.

Quote:

Originally Posted by slmehaffey (Post 27236261)
I don't know what that second number you were worried about is or what it means, but I'm sure everything is fine with baby..

Thank you! The second number is the nuchal translucency that they measure. It is the fluid in the back of the neck. It's supposed to be between 1 - 2.5 mm normally at this stage of pregnancy. I was worried that it was on the higher end. But now I am glad the results came back ok. :)