JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Our Endo Experiences (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1146-our-endo-experiences/)
-   -   Lupron (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1146-our-endo-experiences/1648619-lupron.html)

angel3y35 July 27th, 2009 04:51 AM

Lupron

I'm always interested in hearing other peoples experiences with Lupron. You ready so many horror stories on anti-Lupron websites. I was scared to death to take it but the pain overrode my qualms. Luckily it wasn't that bad for me. I didn't gain any weight with it. The menopause part sucked with the night sweats, hot flashes, and mood swings but it wasn't anything I couldn't deal with.

Crys July 28th, 2009 07:05 AM

Re: Lupron

I never made it to the lupron part. It took me a few months to get the money together to pay for it ( i had no insurance at the time) by the time I had the cash i got my suprise bfp lol

Misty_X July 28th, 2009 01:29 PM

I've never been on Lupron, I don't know very much about it can you explain a little how it works?

angel3y35 July 29th, 2009 02:35 AM

It's also used with fertility treatments but I'm not sure how that part of it works. It's original use was for I believe prostate cancer. Basically it puts you in temporary menopause. Once you stop the shot and it gets out of your system things (are supposed to) go back to normal. Some women end up with brittle bones and seizures and well as permanent memory loss.

Mrs.Paradise September 4th, 2009 07:18 AM

for me lupron worked wonders for 3 out of the 4 months I was on it... then it just stopped working...:( but I had the night sweats and hot flashes that I could handel... that was cake compared to the pain I have...:(

daneeleigh October 9th, 2009 02:20 PM

Lupron was the worst experience of my life. I've suffered soooo many symptoms it's incredible. I've been on it for six months (soon to wear off) and the first three months did offer relief. I had the hot flashes, headaches, increased heart rate with working out, and an anger and depression problem like no other. Soon after my second three month all the pain came back plus the other side effects. I didn't gain any weight but my sex drive plummeted. My poor hubby! I'm developing short term memory loss that my doctor thinks is temporary (we're hoping all these symptoms are temp). My aunt had a wonderful experience on it but I had a horrible one. I guess it just depends on the person but I would never do it again. That's what free medical will get you!

mrs King May 27th, 2010 10:05 AM

I was on it for a few months and it worked well til it began to wear off and then the pain came back full force...me and the hubby are trying to conceive now and the dr told me to hang in there because for some reason when you get pregnant the pain goes away temp.

ellen duncan September 9th, 2012 12:27 AM

I am 27 at 25 i noticed a pea sized mass behind my cervix. Had external ultrasound showed nothing. In 1 yr my hubby noticed the mass which was now size of a lg grape. Dr did lapro, my endo is on the external areas of repo organs and next to my bowel. My left ovary was attached to my uterus but he fixed it. Told me to do Lupron or get preg. We haven't prevented in 8 yrs. No luck. My lapro was 8 mths ago. Im wondering if doing lupron would give my system a rest & if it is worth the side effects.