JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Our pregnancies and Our Earth Angels (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f789-our-pregnancies-and-our-earth-angels/)
-   -   Round ligament pain? *x-posted* (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f789-our-pregnancies-and-our-earth-angels/1848525-round-ligament-pain-x-posted.html)

LaLaLa1 January 24th, 2010 01:45 PM

Round ligament pain? *x-posted*

I've been having some pain very low down - especially when I'm walking. It's hard to describe the feeling, but I have to hunch forward when walking not to feel it. It kind of feels like a dull aching pain, but it won't go away. I've had it for the past 2 days now. Within the last 2 days I do look like I've gotten quite a bit bigger, so I'm hoping it's only something like round ligament pain because my uterus is expanding, but of course I'm worried it could be something more serious.

How would I know if I should be more concerned? I'm going to my OB's on Tuesday, so I'll definitely ask him then.

Brittanie January 24th, 2010 01:56 PM

Re: Round ligament pain? *x-posted*

For me, round ligament pain was very sudden, and very sharp. My braxton hicks contractions were kind of like what you are describing. Except that it wasn't constant.

I'm glad you're asking your doctor. Make sure you're getting enough water. In the words of one of my old doctors: a dehydrated uterus is an irritable uterus. Hopefully it's just stretching pains.

:dothug:

rebeccabaltimore and more January 24th, 2010 01:59 PM

My round ligament pains sound like what you are describing - they only happen when I walk, and I limp/hunch as a result.

MeganMomof5 January 24th, 2010 03:50 PM

Mine are usually sharp sudden, not constant pains...It might be because the baby dropped, or just a normal late pregnancy pain.

LaLaLa1 January 24th, 2010 11:44 PM

I'm wondering if it is that maybe she's dropping or already dropped? I was looking at my stomach earlier tonight in the mirror and it really looks like my stomach is much, much lower now. Maybe it's just the pressure from that? Would I have noticed any other signs if she has dropped?

Oh well, I'll ask my OB on Tuesday.

J_n_JsMommy January 25th, 2010 05:23 AM

Is the pain near your pubic bone??? It actually sounds a bit more like SPD which I had with Joey. Because the round ligament pain for me is more up the sides of my uterus and sharp and sudden when I move or get up to quick. It can be a dull ache when I walk but the SPD is when your pubic bone, the ligament loosens so the pubic bone actually shifts a little and can bump its 2 parts together. I found this pain was worse in the process of sitting and standing...walking, walking up the stairs and down the stairs and turning over in bed...anything that required me to spread my hips open. Something that helped was sitting with one of those heated bean things on my lap or falling asleep with it across my pubic bone. The little things you heat in the microwave...not a heating pad because they can get too hot I think for the baby. I asked my doctor about it and she brushed me off...many doctors don't recognize SPD as a real thing...they just call it round ligament pain.

I'll see if I can find more info on it for you.

NutMeg76 January 25th, 2010 08:46 AM

SOunds like either round ligament or SPD. Both of which are super uncomfortable and both of which can be succesfully treated by a chiropractor that is trained in teh Webster technique.

I had significant SPD with my first 3 pregnancies, and then in my fourth I saw a chiro. What a world of difference! I was able to continue to do the elliptical until I was 37 weeks! And walked on the treadmill until 39 weeks (when the baby was born). Before in my other pregnancies I was in too much pain to do much besides walk.