JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Our pregnancies and Our Earth Angels (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f789-our-pregnancies-and-our-earth-angels/)
-   -   I think I will get a doppler. (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f789-our-pregnancies-and-our-earth-angels/1896058-i-think-i-will-get-doppler.html)

helen123 March 3rd, 2010 01:57 PM

I think I will get a doppler.

to ease my worries. I'm 12 weeks and I'm starting to worry. I had a doctor appointment yesterday (my second appointment), and got to see the ultrasound and the heartbeat. Everything looked good. But for the 2.5 weeks between my first appointment and this appointment, I was getting exremely nervous. I thought I would be fine today, but I'm not. My next appointment is in 4 weeks, I don't think I can wait that long to know that everything is ok. I question my every move, and everything I do. Do I walk too fast and could it hurt the baby? Did I do too much today and how it's going to affect the baby? I never thought it's going to be this bad. So, I'm decided that I need a doppler.

rebeccabaltimore and more March 3rd, 2010 02:35 PM

Re: I think I will get a doppler.

I have one and it has definitely helped. I don't use it much now that he is moving and wiggling, but some days he is quiet and I panic. Also, I got in a medium sized car accident and afterwards used to doppler to check on him.

I have a Hi Bebe. I used it last pregnancy too, and also loaned it to my SIL for hers. My sister will get it whenever she gets pregnant.

MeganMomof5 March 3rd, 2010 02:58 PM

I think that's a good idea...I'm the same way! I bought my doppler way early and just found the heartbeat last night with it...It's really helped me feel so much better....I'm sure I won't worry as much once I can feel lots of movment (Hopefully any way), so it's really a nice way to help ease your mind....I asked yesterday at my appointment if it was safe to use and they told me yes it's fine if I use it whenever I feel like I need to....I also got a Hi-bebe...I'm not a skinny gal and I heard it at 10 weeks with my doppler :)

noworries March 4th, 2010 08:00 AM

I decided to not get a doppler but I definitely still think about it sometimes. I hope it can give you some reassurance between appointments.

Brittanie March 4th, 2010 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chispaza (Post 19309981)
I decided to not get a doppler but I definitely still think about it sometimes. I hope it can give you some reassurance between appointments.

I never did either. There were times when it would have been nice, but I was more afraid of trying to find the heartbeat and not finding one...when I was at home alone.

I hope it helps you Helen!