JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Our pregnancies and Our Earth Angels (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f789-our-pregnancies-and-our-earth-angels/)
-   -   ever feel kick counts aren't enough? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f789-our-pregnancies-and-our-earth-angels/1971429-ever-feel-kick-counts-arent-enough.html)

J_n_JsMommy May 8th, 2010 04:17 PM

ever feel kick counts aren't enough?

title says it all.

i was very inactive today which is unusual...i'm always on the go. Work is crazy, i'm never in one spot for more than 15mins at a time it seems between teaching and my work in admissions at our school. Today I had my cousin's first communion so I was sitting in church for an hour...then we went out to lunch and it was a smallish room so we weren't moving around...the kids sat at their own table and amused themselves so I was just sitting, eating, enjoying the company of family...then i am just tired today so i was relaxing when we got home. So needless to say I was very conscious of how LITTLE felicity was actually moving.

Now in my head, I know that her active times are late afternoon and evening through about 11pm. She is generally not terribly active during the day, I just don't notice because i'm so busy. But today it was driving me nuts.

She "passed" each kick count I've done since we've been home (about 4hrs now), but I still just want her out. I'm so tired of the anxiety. I will have to talk to my midwife this week because I just don't see myself lasting to 39wks. emotionally.

Elsa May 8th, 2010 05:38 PM

Re: ever feel kick counts aren't enough?

I don't have any experience with kick counts, but I can understand that you are nervous...especially because you lost Joey so late in your pregnancy. You are so close Kathryn. Just hold on and she'll be safe in your arms before you know it. I know it's easier said than done, but try to remember that she's safe in your womb.

Brittanie May 8th, 2010 11:22 PM

Yep, all the time. That, in the end, was why we induced with Patrick. I wanted to go into labor on my own, but between the nightmares, and the kind of anxiety you're talking about, the stress was just too much. And I didn't work all through my pregnancy with Patrick, and I did with Erin, so I noticed all those "normal" inactive times.

Ugh. :dothug: Praying for peace for you honey.

J_n_JsMommy May 9th, 2010 08:05 AM

But this is what I love. My dh got home last night adn though movements had picked up, Felicity was still quiet. Until dh and I started chatting. He was standing across the room talking and she started wiggling. I told him, he came over to my belly and started talking to it and I mean she was going nuts...hands and feet in motion. Every day this happens. She is usually quiet in the mornings too. But this morning dh and ds were already downstairs talking away when i got up (they let me sleep until 9!!! Happy Mother's Day To Me!!!) and I came down, sat on the couch and they were both still talking and Felicity started to be active again. It was so cute. :) She responds to dh EVERY time he talks to my belly. I love it.

NutMeg76 May 9th, 2010 12:32 PM

Sounds like she is daddy's little girl already!!!!

helen123 May 10th, 2010 09:23 AM

Thanks for the tip. Maybe I'll have dh do that when I get all nervous about the movements which all the time. I have similar patterns with the baby: inactive during the morning, more active at night.

:dothug:

J_n_JsMommy May 11th, 2010 10:36 AM

I guess that theory that babies are "rocked to sleep" while we are up and moving around and then they wake up when we sit or lay down is actually pretty true...it hasn't really been true for either of my last 2 pregnancies...the boys were active just all the time lol...but this little girl has quiet time (hope that continues after she's born lol!! My 5yr old doesn't seem to need much sleep!!)

noworries May 11th, 2010 12:14 PM

This baby really responds to daddy's voice too. It's so sweet.

J_n_JsMommy May 11th, 2010 04:52 PM

it makes me feel good...my ds1 is SUCH a mama's boy its really not funny and has been the cause of some hurt feelings because dh feels left out sometimes. i also feel like if she really is a daddy's girl it will make mine and ds's attachment a little easier to manage because it won't make ds SO jealous ;)

btw...babygirl is back to her old regular active self these last couple days :) yay! And actually i'm contracting quite a bit today! its not labor, but every little one counts right?!