JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Our Spiritual Notebook (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1881-our-spiritual-notebook/)
-   -   Meditation Group General Discussion Thread (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1881-our-spiritual-notebook/2650147-meditation-group-general-discussion-thread.html)

Carwen*Angel May 13th, 2013 07:36 AM

Meditation Group General Discussion Thread

Welcome to the general discussion thread where you can share your experiences and encourage others by explaining the benefits you've experienced from meditating.

If you're joining the meditation group why not start by checking in and just explaining where you're at in your meditation journey at present? :)

Carwen*Angel May 13th, 2013 09:49 AM

Re: Meditation Group General Discussion Thread

Where I am at is this: I have done lots of guided meditations over the years but have constantly strugged to find time and to zone out adequately to do meditation as a daily practice. Current goal is to work up to a daily practice, no matter how short. I will use music in the first instance as I find this way easiest, and then try other simpler methods.

I just thought I'd share this quote I coincidentally just saw on FB, as well.

“What Is Meditation? It is not musing, not daydreaming; but as ye find you bodies made up of the physical, mental and spiritual, it is the attuning of the mental body and the physical body to its spiritual source.” - Edgar Cayce

Sacred Silence May 14th, 2013 08:31 AM

I meditate twice daily. Once in the morning. I get up and shower and while Brian is showering and the kids are sleeping, I meditate. usually about 20 minutes.

Then, after everyone is in bed, I'll meditate again for about 20 minutes.

I usually meditate in silence or by silently repeating a mantra but when I'm distracted or tired, I'll do a guided meditation so that I am sure to get something in. :)

fromGirltoMommy May 14th, 2013 03:37 PM

I've been really really terrible about it the last month, but I did manage to get 5 *cringe* minutes of mediating in today. I've been so busy with working full time I just don't have the time BUT I am *GOING* to make time even if I have to stay up to midnight, like you Sharron I would love to get up to doing it daily. It's gonna take sometime but it is worth it.

Sacred Silence May 31st, 2013 10:29 AM

How goes the meditating lately?

Carwen*Angel June 23rd, 2013 08:20 AM

lol...it went. Last few weeks have been so crazy.

I'm going to try and start this up proper when I catch up with myself...my thought was to post a suggested meditation each Monday, there are many all over the internet, I just never got chance to go searching. :rolleyes:

Sacred Silence June 24th, 2013 06:07 AM

:) Time is always at a premium! LOL... we all live such busy lives!