JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Our Stories (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f498-our-stories/)
-   -   miscarriage....pregnant again (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f498-our-stories/2668473-miscarriage-pregnant-again.html)

LuvmyRasberries24 July 28th, 2013 12:22 PM

miscarriage....pregnant again

Hi thought id try out this forum to relate with people going thru what I am. I have a 4 year old son. I recently had a miscarriage on June 3rd...i just found out July 25th that I'm expecting again. I'm so nervous to be pregnant again. I didn't get a period after I miscarried so I had so knowledge I could be pregnant that fast. I've heard of doctors wanting u to wait to try till after u get a period. Should I be nervous that I got pregnant this fast. I have an ultrasound in two weeks...but I'm very nervous to have it done...just to get my hopes up again. I'm trying to stay positive this time. This time so far I'm having some cramping (nothing extreme like I was having when I miscarried) very bad nausea seems to last all day so maybe I'm going in the right direction.advice please

geogeek July 28th, 2013 02:53 PM

Re: miscarriage....pregnant again

First off, welcome to the board and congratulations!! I am so sorry for your loss. These ladies have been wonderful during my pregnancies after loss. Feel free to join the regular board instead of this subforum as we sometimes tend to forget about them. It is normal to be nervous. I hope that your ultrasound goes well.

LuvmyRasberries24 July 28th, 2013 07:33 PM

How do I join regular board

geogeek July 28th, 2013 07:40 PM

Here is the link to the regular board. Hope to see you over there soon.Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss - JustMommies Message Boards

melissalaw July 29th, 2013 11:04 AM

i'm so sorry for your loss. I know when I had my miscarriage my dr wanted me to wait until after my first period for dating purposes only. He wanted to be able to use my last period to determine due date. So i wouldn't be nervous that you just had a miscarriage. I got pregnant my first cycle after my loss and I had my rainbow baby last April and he's doing great.

Please join us over at the regular forum. Rachel gave you the link. the ladies there are awesome and have given me so much support. I couldn't make it thru my pregnancies with them.

EverydayJoy July 29th, 2013 03:11 PM

That's what I've heard too, that waiting for one period is mostly just for dating purposes. I have read that you're more fertile after having a miscarriage, so that could be why you got pregnant so fast.
I'm sorry to hear about your loss. I wish you all the best with this new pregnancy, and I hope it all goes very smoothly. But yes the fears are pretty normal following a loss. I was on pins and needles the whole pregnancy with my rainbow baby. Even after they're born you still worry about them.
I hope you feel welcome here!

LuvmyRasberries24 July 29th, 2013 07:13 PM

Thank you all ultrasound next week send ur prayers my way

melissalaw July 30th, 2013 05:41 AM

Good Luck at your ultrasound. I'm praying for good news from you next week.

EverydayJoy August 13th, 2013 09:14 PM

Any update about your ultrasound? I hope it went ok!