Does anyone have a special ritual or some activities planned? Share pictures if you can.
Here are some areas and activities related to Imbolc: (if you don't have anything planned yet (like me :lol: ), maybe this will give you some ideas)
Deities of Imbolc:
All Virgin/Maiden Goddesses, Brighid, Aradia, Athena, Inanna, Gaia, and Februa, and Gods of Love and Fertility, Aengus Og, Eros, and Februus.
Symbolism of Imbolc:
Purity, Growth and Renewal, The Re-Union of the Goddess and the God, Fertility, and dispensing of the old and making way for the new.
Symbols of Imbolc:
Brideo'gas, Besoms, White Flowers, Candle Wheels, Brighid's Crosses, Priapic Wands (acorn-tipped), and Ploughs.
Herbs of Imbolc:
Angelica, Basil, Bay Laurel, Blackberry, Celandine, Coltsfoot, Heather, Iris, Myrrh, Tansy, Violets, and all white or yellow flowers.
Foods of Imbolc:
Pumpkin seeds, Sunflower seeds, Poppyseed Cakes, muffins, scones, and breads, all dairy products, Peppers, Onions, Garlic, Raisins, Spiced Wines and Herbal Teas.
Incense of Imbolc:
Basil, Bay, Wisteria, Cinnamon, Violet, Vanilla, Myrrh.
Colors of Imbolc:
White, Pink, Red, Yellow, Light Green, Brown.
Stones of Imbolc:
Amethyst, Bloodstone, Garnet, Ruby, Onyx, Turquoise.
Activities of Imbolc:
Candle Lighting, Stone Gatherings, Snow Hiking and Searching for Signs of Spring, Making of Brideo'gas and Bride's Beds, Making Priapic Wands, Decorating Ploughs, Feasting, and Bon Fires may be lit.
* Place a lit candle in every window on Imbolc eve and allow them to burn through the night (Please make sure they are secure in a container and away from any flammable objects)
* Make your candles for use during the upcoming year.
* Make Brigit's Crosses for protection
* Make Bride's Beds for fertility of mind, body and/or spirit
* Add a circle of white candles to your altar, each one representing a goal you would like to achieve in the coming year
* Make Crowns of Light
* Burn paper representations of winter (snowmen, snowflakes, etc) to banish winter
* Leave out food and drink for Brigid (such as buttered bread, milk, grains, seeds) on Imbolc Eve
* Open the door and welcoming Brigit into the home. "Bride! Come in, thy bed is made! Preserve the House for the Triple Goddess!" Scottish Gaelic Invocation: "May Brigit give blessing to the house that is here; Brigit, the fair and tender, Her hue like the cotton-grass, Rich-tressed maiden of ringlets of gold." (Selena Fox)
* Remove Yuletide greens from home & burning them
* Clean your home and yard
* Purify your home
* Burn old Brigit crosses
* Leave a ribbon on your doorstep for Brigit to bless. (It can then be used for healing purposes)
* This is a good time for initiations and dedications (persons or objects). This is also a good time for inner spiritual workings
Re: Blessed Imbolc!!
ACK! What day is it? LOL totally lost track of my days... Thanks for sharing all the info, I'm going to link this to the other info page on Imbolg/c which is here http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f9...lg-imbolc.html
Re: Blessed Imbolc!!
I completely forgot about it until last night. :p
Though, we've been busy with the new baby, so I think we have an excuse for forgetting about it, lol.
|All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:42 AM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0
Copyright © 2003-2012 JustMommies.com, All Rights Reserved.