JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Pagan Living (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f301-pagan-living/)
-   -   One for the Money...Two for the Show (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f301-pagan-living/2631939-one-for-money-two-for-show.html)

Amaranth Dhanya March 5th, 2013 11:51 AM

One for the Money...Two for the Show

Do you think those with gifts of sight and such should ask for payment?
Do you think those that do are fake or does it depend on how much their charging and, perhaps, their reputation,etc.?
Do you think those that ask for a fee are using their gift selfishly?

Earthy.Mama March 5th, 2013 02:27 PM

Re: One for the Money...Two for the Show

I used to think (when I first started this path) asking for monetary compensation for a spiritual gift was wrong.

It takes a lot of time and energy to do many different spiritual gifts so asking for money isn't bad IMO, it's a service just like any other. Now, asking outrageous prices I think is wrong, but I think that way for all types of services too LOL!

Amaranth Dhanya March 5th, 2013 04:50 PM

Im of similar mind.

I think if you are asking a fair, or even budget-friendly, prices than thats reasonable. However, if you are asking outrageous prices for very little than you should be questioned.

Nyzira March 5th, 2013 06:47 PM

We're taught in Reiki that there must be an energy exchange of some kind in order for the service received to be of any decent use. In the old days it was bartering for whatever was on hand. Today, money rules our world so that is the chosen "energy" exchanged. If you get something for free, is it really of value to you?

I don't look down on anyone that asks money for their services, after all, we all have to eat and pay bills. However, I hold those that barter or work for donations a little higher. I honestly feel the world would be a little better off if we went back to a barter system.

Amaranth Dhanya March 6th, 2013 06:26 AM

Ahhh Bam....Ive said for a few years now we should go back to a trade type system LOL. Like Ill give you a can of peaches for that chicken or whatnot LOL. Just a heck of a lot easier than whats going on in the world now.

Nyzira March 6th, 2013 06:32 AM

We're lucky enough to have a friend who is a Physician's Assistant. She barters with my mom on treatment as my mom has no insurance and can't seem to get disability even though she has MS and Lupus. >.< More medical professionals should do that.

Adding1more March 9th, 2013 04:29 AM

Barter system all the way, it worked for so many years, way more successfully than this money one does!!

I do believe that if you are providing a service you should be paid in some form. For my readings, I am not comfortable taking money, so it is inkind. For example the last reading I did I was paid in essential oils. Just perfect!!

Earthy.Mama March 9th, 2013 06:58 AM

My hubby loves the barter system too!