JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Paper Scrapbooking (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f190-paper-scrapbooking/)
-   -   Album (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f190-paper-scrapbooking/1245397-album.html)

SouthernMomOf2 September 21st, 2008 06:38 PM

Just curious what kind of albums you all use.? I tend to go for the cheaper albums for things like trips or holidays...I recently got 3 12X12 albums at AC Moore for 10 BUCKS!! For my BIG ongoing album just documenting our lives, I have a 3 inch leather bound album with 3 rings that was more around $30. What do you guys prefer? Ringed albums or the kind that have a binding like a book?

Christine-MA September 21st, 2008 06:48 PM

I just bought 8 of those at AC Moore because they were 2/$8 :blush: I just started though, so I haven't done anything worthy of going in an expensive book lol

Rusha September 22nd, 2008 04:24 AM

Wow, you guys have gotten some deals! That is awesome!

I have tried all kinds of albums in the past! Here is a rundown of my experiences:

My first album ever was Creative Memories (a strap hinge) and I really wasn't much of a fan of that. I really liked how it worked to add pages - but I wasn't a fan of the fact that I was paying so much for the refill pages that I was always covering up with paper. The one bonus that I did have with that was that I had over 100 pages (50 pages, both sides done) in the album. It was a lot!

My second album, and third, fourth, etc. were the post bound albums. These were more economical for me because I just added my pages right in the page protectors. It worked well for awhile for me when I had cheaper albums. If I needed more room I would just open up the side and add more posts. But I soon discovered that not all albums will take the same sized page protectors - so you have to be careful in that regard. Also, I bought a Pioneer album for Micah's baby album which I love - but for some reason it doesn't really like to accept extra posts. It is just so akward to deal with!

My latest album is a D ring binder. It is not as exciting on the front - it has a brown binding and the rest is chipboard so that you can decorate it yourself. I don't think that anything I decorated with would stay on, though. So I think I will just leave it as the chipboard. I just bought it on Saturday but so far I like it beause it will fit any sized page protector that I want, AND I don't have to deal with posts. If I want to add more pages, I just open it up and go! I guess the downside to this kind of thing is that they aren't as attractive - but I think you CAN buy some that have nice covers. We just didn't have any in the store that day!

WOw, that was a huge long novel. Hope that helped!!

moms_soccer_team September 22nd, 2008 08:52 AM

I only use Creative memories strap hinges, my DF is a consultant and I can get some very good deals ;)

Wifey2Jordan September 22nd, 2008 09:36 AM

I have used post bound in the past, but now I use D-ring, and I LOVE LOVE LOVE them. They are so much easier to arrange pages, add extra pages, and I think I can fit more in one album. I don't think I will ever use a post-bound album again. The 3 ring may be more plain on the cover, but I like the idea that the leather albums are more classic too.

berrygirll September 22nd, 2008 10:08 AM

All my albums are 3-ring. I love it!

jellybeaninhk September 23rd, 2008 07:22 AM

I'm using post bound but I'll be converting to D-ring ones next as they are so much easier to use. I do a lot of 3d embellishments and right now they are being squashed in my post bound albums.