JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Paper Scrapbooking (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f190-paper-scrapbooking/)
-   -   What size pics do you usually print? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f190-paper-scrapbooking/1413721-what-size-pics-do-you-usually-print.html)

Christine-MA January 28th, 2009 04:22 PM

So my cricut should arrive tomorrow, I already got my 3 cartridges, and I picked up my 150 pictures of random things over the last couple years.

As I'm looking through the pictures, and at some layouts that I like, I realize I should have gotten a lot of the pictures smaller than 4x6. Not all of them can be cropped, and I'd like to use a few on each pages. I'll make it work, but in the future I'll probably get 3x5 and maybe even some wallet sizes. Those seem to be what are in the layouts I've grown to like.

What size do you usually print your pics?

Wifey2Jordan January 28th, 2009 04:32 PM

Funny, we are polar opposites! :smile: I usually print the majority of my pictures I want to scrap in 4x6. Then I got back and pick a few 5x7's, and I print alot of 8x10 and 8x12 too. I love big pictures, and the 8x12's look really cool on a double layout sometimes. I usually crop down the 8x10's a little smaller.

Brittanie January 28th, 2009 04:46 PM

Well, I ordered a bunch of the Walmart website, and they have a "true digital" size which is actually 4X5.5" It's supposed to fit the proportions of digital pictures better (vs. film).

I'm like Carrie, I like the bigger size. I don't normally do 5X7s or bigger though, unless it's a REALLY special picture.

And I don't normally crop my pics either. I used to all the time, but it's rare for me to do it now. Unless my LO really needs it.

mandalyn January 28th, 2009 05:31 PM

I usually print 4x6. Occasionally I will do a LO which requires a larger pic and if that's the case, I just send it to Target and pick it up. Sometimes I will crop my pics, but depends on what I feel for the LO.

Christine-MA January 28th, 2009 05:37 PM

I think my problem is I can't narrow it down to just one or two pictures a page lol Like I have a few trips to scrap, and too many "great" pics each. I'll have to have DH help me choose favorites :)

mandalyn January 28th, 2009 05:51 PM

You can do more than one picture on a layout. I have issues doing less than four. Check out some of the layouts in the subforums. You'd be amazed at how many pics you can get on a page!

ppiazza3 January 28th, 2009 05:59 PM

i always get 4x6 and then crop the excess off. so they usually are smaller. i have a bad habit of squeezing a ton of pics on one page. lol

SouthernMomOf2 January 28th, 2009 06:35 PM

Quote:

I think my problem is I can't narrow it down to just one or two pictures a page lol Like I have a few trips to scrap, and too many "great" pics each. I'll have to have DH help me choose favorites :)[/b]
I used to have this same problem and then one day I just thought "who says I can only do one page for this occasion?" Remember it's YOUR scrapbook!! If you want to have 5 pages of one event..who cares?! Also, for trips and stuff that you have a lot of really great pics that you just can't narrow down, you can always make a whole album or just a mini album for that one trip. Then you can scrap every pic till your heart is content! :D

Christine-MA January 28th, 2009 08:58 PM

Thanks for the advice ladies. I know you can have more than one pic per layout, but that's hard when you have 4x6 pics that can't be cropped too much, they take up so much room! But yeah, nothing says I can't have 5 pages for my trip to Bermuda :P My wedding is a WHOLE album! Can't wait to get some pages done this weekend and show you all!

Brittanie January 28th, 2009 09:32 PM

I can't tell you how many pages of Yellowstone trips I have!! Yes, do as many pages as you want...lol.

Wifey2Jordan January 28th, 2009 11:20 PM

Quote:

Thanks for the advice ladies. I know you can have more than one pic per layout, but that's hard when you have 4x6 pics that can't be cropped too much, they take up so much room! But yeah, nothing says I can't have 5 pages for my trip to Bermuda :P My wedding is a WHOLE album! Can't wait to get some pages done this weekend and show you all![/b]
I haven't worked on my wedding scrapbook in about 2 years..... i'm about half way done, and I already filled up one whole album. Its huge too! lol I'm caught up to when DS was 3 months, (horrible I know) and i've finished 2 albums already. One whole album (its not super thick) is just from labor and delivery and our hospital stay. Compared to all you, i'm out of control!!! I would probably have 15 pages for a trip to Bermuda, AT LEAST!!!! :lol:

SouthernMomOf2 January 29th, 2009 05:37 AM

Yea I actually prefer having separate albums for different events and trips. (big ones I mean!) I have 1 album for the "festivities" leading up to our wedding like our first date movie stubs, him proposing, wedding showers, shopping for dresses, etc. Then I have another album for the rehearsal and the wedding itself, and then a whole other album for our honeymoon in Cancun! LOL! It's pretty funny when people ask to see pictures of our wedding and I hand them 3 big ol' albums! :P I just like to use all the pictures I have, so I can never seem to choose!!! I already have a whole album done just of this pregnancy!! This poor child..I hope she's not camera shy!! :wub:

Christine-MA January 29th, 2009 06:44 AM

LOL If someone asked to see my wedding pictures, I have the professional album (which was limited to 20 page), the album of all the pictures I put from the professional photographer (750 pics), the non professional album, a scrapbook my girlfriend made me, and the scrapbook I made LOL

moms_soccer_team January 29th, 2009 07:36 AM

The majority of mine are 4x6 which is what the paper is I use. Depending on the theme, like the cloth diaper page I did which I used wallet size. Or one pic that I will make 5x7.

lovemyluke&joel January 29th, 2009 08:13 AM

I mostly print 4x6 then crop to what I want. Some pictures I do are 5x7 when I want the picture to stand out a lot on the page.

PeanutandPiglet'sMom January 30th, 2009 06:58 AM

I tend to do mostly 4x6 since my printer does them the fastest/easiest and I do like to use 3 or 4 on a page. I have done a few pages wtih just a 5x7 or even larger but I like the look of more than one pic on a page.

GinaOfAllTrades February 1st, 2009 05:08 PM

I print my photos from home so I print as I go how I need them. No set "standard size" here.