JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Paper Scrapbooking (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f190-paper-scrapbooking/)
-   -   problem with Cricut (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f190-paper-scrapbooking/1429017-problem-cricut.html)

Tamaralynnb February 8th, 2009 09:16 PM

so my cricut is being really stupid, i have the original one and it's not cutting right anymore, it keeps tearing the paper , some cuts are fine and then others are unusable, i have tried changing the blade twice and made many cuts on the same piece of paper and still can't cut anything right, i managed to make a card this weekend but not without a bunch of frustration, any advice or tips, i have played around with blade depth to

Carrie429 February 8th, 2009 09:42 PM

Have you tried playing with the blade pressure setting? Caden came into my craft room one day and spun that little dial and it really messed everything up lol.

Otherwise try a new mat maybe - I know a lot of people have been having issues with their mats losing their stick after only a few cuts and if my mat isnít nice and sticky, Iíll get tears a lot or where the blade looks like it gets caught, tears a little piece, and then skips a part of the cut. Iíve also noticed that holding the mat level while it cuts (I pull my machine to the edge of the desk so the mat hangs down a little bit) helps sometimes, too.

lizard February 8th, 2009 09:46 PM

Did you play around with the blade depth on both the dial and the blade housing? If so, the only thing I can think of is the cutting speed- I have found that sometimes if I slow it down it seems to work better. GL

PeanutandPiglet'sMom February 9th, 2009 06:43 AM

The other idea's here would be what I'd say.

I hope you fix it soon.

moms_soccer_team February 9th, 2009 07:27 AM

Hmmm . . .

If you are still having problems after trying the suggestion the ladies have given you, I looked on the site and found some info

What to do if Your Machine is Producing Rough Cuts
If your Cricut is producing rough cuts when using the appropriate setting for your paper, you may have an insufficiently sharpened blade. Please call our wonderful customer support team 1-877-727-4288 M-F 7am-6pm MST. They can help you determine whether this is a dull blade issue or another issue. Even though your blades may be new, you may have purchased some occasional insufficiently sharpened blades which can be replaced with some blades which our team has lovingly tested and approved.

So this could be your problem ;)

PeanutandPiglet'sMom February 9th, 2009 09:21 AM

That's good to know. Sounds like they have a decent customer service dept.

Tamaralynnb February 9th, 2009 10:25 PM

yes i have tried everything but changing the mat because i can't find any anyway, but i have only made about 15 cuts on this mat, thanks for the help ladies, i will keep searching for a mat

PeanutandPiglet'sMom February 10th, 2009 05:55 AM

On Custom Crops the 6x12 mats are only $4.99!!! not sure if they ship to Canada but I don't see why not.

moms_soccer_team February 10th, 2009 07:48 AM

Hope you can get it figured out as to what the problem is. :dothug:

Tamaralynnb February 10th, 2009 08:56 PM

Quote:

On Custom Crops the 6x12 mats are only $4.99!!! not sure if they ship to Canada but I don't see why not.[/b]
thanks i will check it out and see

moms_soccer_team February 16th, 2009 07:08 AM

How goes the problem? Sure hope it's fixed :dothug: