JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Paper Scrapbooking (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f190-paper-scrapbooking/)
-   -   Making a "kit" (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f190-paper-scrapbooking/1439143-making-kit.html)

PeanutandPiglet'sMom February 16th, 2009 06:31 AM

I have a friend who just had a baby boy and I'd love to give her a few pre-made pages.

However, I'm leary because when I do pages for myself, I get inspiration from a picture more so than the paper.

What do you think about this idea...

Would it be odd to put it together as a kit for her to do?

I have cutout her son's name and even ran them through my Zyron so they are stickers, I've also cut out various size 'borders' for pics and little add on's such as stars and some other shapes. The paper I have for her is very close to her nursery theme as well.

I found a 12x12 box in the basement and I'll cover it nicely, place the pages in the box with the stickers and so on.

What do you ladies think?

Have you ever done this before?

moms_soccer_team February 16th, 2009 10:09 AM

Sounds like a great idea!!!

lovemyluke&joel February 16th, 2009 10:30 AM

It is a great idea. I have done this for two people before and they loved it.

wefrogy February 16th, 2009 11:59 AM

I think that sounds like a great idea. I have trouble making pre made pages too

berrygirll February 17th, 2009 09:29 AM

I think it's a great idea. I've done one pre-made mini album before for my brother's beach wedding. It came out ok but I think it would have been a lot better if I would've had pics.

2 other mini albums I've done are a new baby & my dad's wedding. For those I simply asked for pics, I edited them in photoshop (so I could do some in black & white, etc) then got my own prints & made their albums. That worked out a LOT better & I love them. It wasn't much $$ either, prints are cheap or you could always print from home.

So I would either do what you're planning to do & give the gift box *kit* or ask her to send you (email or snail mail a CD of pics) pics so you can get whatever prints you choose & make the album from them.

jbc0827 February 18th, 2009 07:59 AM

My first thought is does she scrapbook? If so then I say go for it! If not then it may just sit there collecting dust.

PeanutandPiglet'sMom February 18th, 2009 12:43 PM

She doesn't scrap...yet..but she's big into photography so I'm pretty sure some, if not all, will get used as a scrap page.

I was also just at Michael's and grabbed a 12x12 frame. And I've made 'borders' for 4x6 pics for her to use on the page so I think she'll do OK with the whole set-up and then displaying it in a frame.

Saying that...I wish I had grabbed a glue stick to add to the kit! Some of it I've made into stickers (like the name letters) but duh! She needs to put the rest together huh? :lol: Oh wait! I can cut off a small portion of Zots Dots for her to use, huh?

Off to craft...and hammer out the kinks in this project!

:P