JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Paper Scrapbooking (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f190-paper-scrapbooking/)
-   -   Need ideas! (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f190-paper-scrapbooking/1556589-need-ideas.html)

SouthernMomOf2 May 11th, 2009 10:46 AM

Need ideas!

I am already starting to think about Father's Day! Since this is DH's first Father's Day, I need ideas from you ladies!! Our baby will be around 4 months, so what are some cute ideas for gifts that can be "from" the baby? What do you plan to do or what have you done in the past? Thanks for any help!! I really want his day to be special! :wub:

wefrogy May 11th, 2009 11:05 AM

Re: Need ideas!

the first thing that comes to mind is handprints. You could do her handprints on paper with a child safe paint and frame it, even add some embellishments or a quote or poem. You could also do her handprints and/or footprints on a t shirt. (My kids and I made one for my hubby a couple years ago for fathers day with both of their footprints and the saying "my kids walk all over me").

You could also make a daddy and me album and add picture of just the two them as time goes on and she reaches new milestones.

moms_soccer_team May 13th, 2009 05:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wefrogy (Post 15763445)
the first thing that comes to mind is handprints. You could do her handprints on paper with a child safe paint and frame it, even add some embellishments or a quote or poem. You could also do her handprints and/or footprints on a t shirt. (My kids and I made one for my hubby a couple years ago for fathers day with both of their footprints and the saying "my kids walk all over me").

You could also make a daddy and me album and add picture of just the two them as time goes on and she reaches new milestones.

Great idea!!

wefrogy May 14th, 2009 05:35 AM

I just saw a cute idea that might work for you. Get a frame that holds three separate pictures, like the rectangular ones that have the three pics side by side. Take a picture of your daughter holding (leaning against her or propt up on her lap) the letter "D", a picture of her with the letter "A" and then another picture of her with the letter "D" and then put the pictures in the frame to spell out the word "DAD". Then you can hang it in your house as part of y9our decor as well.

lovemyluke&joel May 14th, 2009 09:19 AM

Michelle I love your ideas. I don't have much right now. I always just make cards and tell him what a great Father he is and how proud I am of him. Last year I did make a little scrapbook of the stuff Luke and him did together. I told it like a story. He loved it! Luke reads it all the time. He always asks Eric, Daddy can you read me our book???

Valeri, I love your siggy! You are so beautiful!

SouthernMomOf2 May 14th, 2009 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lovemyluke&joel (Post 15812128)
Michelle I love your ideas. I don't have much right now. I always just make cards and tell him what a great Father he is and how proud I am of him. Last year I did make a little scrapbook of the stuff Luke and him did together. I told it like a story. He loved it! Luke reads it all the time. He always asks Eric, Daddy can you read me our book???

Valeri, I love your siggy! You are so beautiful!

Aww! Thanks so much!!