JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Paper Scrapbooking (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f190-paper-scrapbooking/)
-   -   Do you attend real life crops? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f190-paper-scrapbooking/1951636-do-you-attend-real-life-crops.html)

Carrie429 April 21st, 2010 03:46 PM

Do you attend real life crops?

if so, where and how often?

My LSS has crops quite often and while I've thought about attending I never have. I think it would be hard for me to narrow down what to bring and I think thats another reason why I like our online crops so much - I have all my goodies at hand! Even so, eventually I do think I'll try one out.

C&K'sMama April 21st, 2010 07:58 PM

Re: Do you attend real life crops?

I was scheduled to go to one in may but had to cancel because of all we have going on, but I look forward to going to one. Our library has a weekly scrapbooking club, but like you I wouldn't know whatto bring and for only an hour or two I'm not sure it's worth dragging around all my goodies.

*ScrappyMom* April 21st, 2010 08:37 PM

I go to a splurge once a month. It's for SU!. Once a month, for 10 months, 10 of us get together & make 2 cards & 1 LO. It's $30, $10 goes in for supplies, then $20 goes to the pot. One person "wins" each month & gets $200 to spend on SU! goodies. The pages we make kind of stink (so not my style at all), but the cards are nice & well, let's be honest. I'm down with $200 worth of SU!!!

mandalyn April 22nd, 2010 07:46 AM

We have a local Facebook scrapbooking club and they do crops about every other month. It's usually for the entire day and since I'm nursing, I can't be away that long. It's just up the street from me. I'd love to go, but honestly, I don't need to pay for space or equipment, since mine is better anyway. Best of all, I've already paid for it!

sydandlogan'smommy April 23rd, 2010 11:30 AM

I go to crops at my LSS but not often. It is about a 20 minute drive for me and just like you say Carrie I just don't know what to bring and then end up missing something (like photos one time LOL)

babyloves2dance April 24th, 2010 12:22 PM

Unfortunately no one out here has crops anymore. My LSS did, but they have closed. They were also 1 1/2 hours away, so not very convenient for me to go to. Occasionally my Mom and I will get together and have our own little crop at one of our houses. That is pretty fun!

ToonTownGirl April 28th, 2010 09:50 AM

I go to one, once a month... well May is our last one, and we will start up again in September. But it's great, it's once a month, it's 5 minutes from home. We do a potluck and the ladies are FANTASTIC!!!

Tamaralynnb April 30th, 2010 01:38 PM

i've gone to a few, that's how i met Tiffany (toontowngirl) unfortunately those ones quit running, but i went to a 12 hour charity one last march and would have gone this year but Holden was too little. i won't go to any that are less then 6 hours though because i don't think it's worth bring all my stuff to when i might not finish a page, i will at get at least 2 done at the 6 hour ones