JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Paper Scrapbooking (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f190-paper-scrapbooking/)
-   -   Christmas in July swap (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f190-paper-scrapbooking/2031936-christmas-july-swap.html)

Carrie429 July 5th, 2010 07:59 AM

Christmas in July swap

Hey ladies! Tamara and I thought it would be fun (and productive!) to get a head start on some of our Christmas crafting and host a Christmas in July swap! For this swap we'll either do gift tags or cards - you guys can decide. We can do the other closer to Christmas if you wish.

How it works is (using tags as examples) everyone will make 1 tag per person signed up - if only a few people sign up we can do 2 tags. So if 8 people sign up, then you make 8 tags (or cards). You'll then mail all 8 tags along with a self addressed evelope and 3 stamps to me. Once I have all the tags (or cards) I'll divide them up into the self addressed envelopes and send them back along with any excess postage and then we all have a nice set of christmas tags (or cards!) to attach to gifts, put on your pages, whatever. If we decided to do cards for this first swap then it will require bigger envelopes and a bit more postage (maybe just send two dollars or so, and I'd send back the change) tags can be done in a standard envelope and 3 unaffixed stamps (so I can return any extra). International members will need to send an extra stamp or so.

I'll leave the sign up open through this week and the deadline for mailing out your items will be July 26th giving you 3 weeks from today, but if you want to send them sooner so be it. Hopefully then I can get everything sent back out by the end of July.

So if you're interested sign up here and post what you'd want to make!

2pinks&ablue July 5th, 2010 10:01 AM

Re: Christmas in July swap

Sounds like a great idea! I'm definitely interested, but I don't care if we do cards or tags, either is fine by me!

Tamaralynnb July 5th, 2010 10:08 PM

sure me too, either is fine for me too

ASailorsWife July 6th, 2010 01:41 PM

I think it sounds cool too! I vote for cards though.

*ScrappyMom* July 11th, 2010 09:57 AM

Sounds good to me :D I'll up for either as well!

Carrie429 July 12th, 2010 12:10 PM

If anyone still wants to sign up please do so! Everyone is welcome and these are a lot of fun.

If not we'll just stick with the 5 - since everyone is fine with either except one Card request, we'll go ahead and do cards.

I'll leave this open for anyone else to sign up until tomorrow and then we'll start creating!

ASailorsWife July 12th, 2010 01:46 PM

Hahaha I just have no idea how to make tags...

2pinks&ablue July 12th, 2010 02:21 PM

I'm excited for this :)

Tamaralynnb July 12th, 2010 05:47 PM

sounds great

C&K'sMama July 12th, 2010 07:36 PM

Not sure if I can still sign up but I'd like to participate (I've been out of town and this is the first time I've seent his thread)

Carrie429 July 12th, 2010 10:15 PM

You still can alycia!! (as can anyone else :)) Welcome back!

Carrie429 July 14th, 2010 07:40 AM

Sign ups are closed and PMs sent to everyone who signed up! If you didn't get one please let me know :)