JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Paper Scrapbooking (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f190-paper-scrapbooking/)
-   -   Does anyone else do this? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f190-paper-scrapbooking/2165473-does-anyone-else-do.html)

JanessaFaith November 18th, 2010 09:34 PM

Does anyone else do this?

When I'm doing a more complicated page, I've started mapping it out... Well first I figure out what pix I wanna use and what size I want to crop them to. I write all that down, then I cut scrap papers down to those sizes and figure out how to lay them out. I've tried sketching, but it's harde to erase then move paper around. :lol: So just wondering if anyone else does this.

I did it today for my Christmas 1988 page.....

http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i4...g/IMGP0173.jpg

http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i4...g/IMGP0174.jpg

The Loopy November 18th, 2010 09:39 PM

Re: Does anyone else do this?

no not quite like that...lol

I print the pictures out in what sizes I think I want them in and if I can't decide, I print them out in all the sizes I think I want them in...then I play with everything on the page until I have it just the way I want it. So I cut EVERYTHING out then mess around with the pieces until the puzzle comes together. The layout I did tonight took me 2 hrs to do...most of my layouts take 2 hrs to do from start to finish. And I rearranged that one several times before committing anything...lol and the clusters of buttons were a last min ending to my page! haha

Happy Song November 18th, 2010 09:43 PM

I used to be more of a perfectionist now I use sketches so that I can plan everything in advance. This also allows me to salvage paper as i back most pages with white paper and even though it might look like a soild piece of card stock it isn't... So no I don't do cut out like that unless I haven't printed out the pictures yet and then i write how big the picture is on the white spot adn then glue it on when it comes in...

JanessaFaith November 18th, 2010 09:52 PM

Lisa, do you print your own pix? I might print them the size I wanted them if I printed my own, but I don't think Shutterfly does oddball sizes. And really I wouldn't know till I had it all in front of me anyway. :lol: What do you do with the pix you printed in the wrong size? I hate wasting pix. Of course I always print more then I need..

Brittanie November 18th, 2010 09:54 PM

Nope, I just fly by the seat of my pants. But I lay it all out before I glue it down and on the more complicated ones I take a picture to reference where I have to put everything back to. lol

JanessaFaith November 18th, 2010 11:03 PM

I only do it when I want to cut the pix in odd sizes but wanna make sure its gonna work before I cut the pix. I guess because the first time I tried the odd sized pix I tried to wing it and it didn't turn out so well.

Brittanie November 18th, 2010 11:05 PM

LOL!!! I do a lot of measurements with rulers and doing math...lol

RobinX02 November 19th, 2010 01:45 AM

I dont do that, but I do like how your page turned out!

The Loopy November 19th, 2010 06:11 AM

Janessa...yeah I print my own pictures....I find it much easier. We also use our own photos for our walls throughout the house, this way we change them more often becuase we are able to print at home. We have a HP Photosmart printer. I love it!!!! It was only 250 CAD on sale.....The ink is expensive, but if you have a place that can refill ink cartridges taht makes it a lot cheaper. We have started just buying the ink and refilling the cartridges ourself...You can get more into it when you fill it. When you buy cartridges tehy come with only 5ml of ink...each cartridge can usually hold between 10 and 14mls.

BeckyM November 19th, 2010 07:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brittanie (Post 22191220)
Nope, I just fly by the seat of my pants. But I lay it all out before I glue it down and on the more complicated ones I take a picture to reference where I have to put everything back to. lol

This describes me to. :lol: If I'm following a sketch, I'll usually crop my photos to the sizes needed.

mandalyn November 19th, 2010 08:00 AM

I don't think I've ever done that. I usually take a sketch and try to cut my pics to what is on the sketch. I use the ruler a lot to make sure that the pic is the right size.

JanessaFaith November 19th, 2010 10:52 AM

I use the ruler a lot too lately!

BeckyM November 19th, 2010 01:09 PM

I love my rulers. I have several that I use for different things - clear to align my stamps, metal edge when using the exacto knife to get a good edge, etc.

JanessaFaith November 19th, 2010 02:11 PM

I should get a clear ruler! HA! I have one.... Somewhere... It's kinda big, its meant for sewing... but it could work..

BeckyM November 22nd, 2010 05:51 AM

I got one for under $1 with all the back to school stuff. or check out the dollar store. they should have them for cheap.