JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Paper Scrapbooking (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f190-paper-scrapbooking/)
-   -   Black Friday Adventures (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f190-paper-scrapbooking/2172295-black-friday-adventures.html)

Carrie429 November 26th, 2010 07:43 PM

Black Friday Adventures

Did anyone head out today/this weekend? How were the crowds? And stories to share? And of course... brag about your steals!

JanessaFaith November 27th, 2010 01:26 AM

Re: Black Friday Adventures

I went to Wal Mart at midnight. I got toys for the neices & nephews. Very crowded of course but no awesomely bad stories! I was in line for about 45 minutes talking with a nice older couple (I'm pretty sure the guy had gas but I didn't say anything :hehe: ) I didn't get anything for myself but considered a cricut lite but decided I didn't need it.

C&K'sMama November 27th, 2010 08:17 AM

I didn't venture out of my house for black Friday, BUT i found a great deal online (or what I considered a great deal). I found a Cricut Expression machine, tool kit, Accent Essentials cart, and plantin cart for 230... so hubby bought it for me for Christmas! :) Almost all my Christmas shopping was already done, so I didn't endure the crowds.

Tamaralynnb November 28th, 2010 12:51 AM

What a great early Christmas present Alycia. Janessa sorry about the guy with gas, glad they were nice though

Happy Song November 28th, 2010 09:03 PM

I went to the grocery store and it was EMPTY.

C&K'sMama November 28th, 2010 09:37 PM

Anyone looking for good cyber monday deals? Walmart has Expression machines in "trendy colors" for $199

JanessaFaith November 28th, 2010 11:09 PM

Oh I forgot all about cyber Monday! I may look into it... thanks! :)

Carrie429 November 29th, 2010 09:24 PM

I ended up going to TRU thanksgiving night. After turkey time I took a nap and woke up with just enough time to hit up Michaels - I got Caden his houses to paint but wasn't overly wowed by any of the other deals they had. Since I was up and refreshed I decided to see what all the hype was about and since TRU opened at 10 and I was in the market for some Zhu Zhus why not! We got there at 9:30 and the line was already halfway around the building, the cops were there, it was interesting and freeeeeezing! Luckily we had some pretty nice people around us in line and had fun chatting with everyone. Turned out you needed a coupon to get the 3 zhu zhus for 9.99 and I didn't bring mine but the guy in front of me had one on his print out that he didn't need and gave it to me :bluecheer:. I got the zhu zhus and a santa sing a ma jig since I was there (speaking of which I wonder where that thing went) and then I got the boys a play kitchen. I also ran into a friend from high school I haven't seen in 10 years so that was really nice.

Overall it was kind of fun! I think next year I might even contemplate going out for black Friday for real. I think having my shopping basically done made it more fun and less stressful.

C&K'sMama November 29th, 2010 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carrie429 (Post 22285826)
I ended up going to TRU thanksgiving night.

Jealous, jealous, jealous... that is the only black friday sale I was interested in hitting, but Chris was ACTUALLY home (which is never lately) and he nixed the idea.