JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Paper Scrapbooking (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f190-paper-scrapbooking/)
-   -   Question for Chronological scrappers! (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f190-paper-scrapbooking/2634270-question-for-chronological-scrappers.html)

JanessaFaith March 12th, 2013 10:05 PM

Question for Chronological scrappers!

I can't decide how to scrap my pregnancy! I've been taking belly pictures. And I have BFP pictures. I had thought I'd do a double page LO for my belly pix and include the pic of my BFP (maybe) on that page, alone with journaling about how happy we are and all that jazz. But then it feels weird to not mention my pregnancy in the scrapbook until the end of the pregnancy. Like there will be all these pictures of me as my belly grows and then all of a sudden a page with all the belly pix announcing the pregnancy. But I can't put all that at the beginning of the pregnancy cuz that would be weird too! It would be easier to just do a pregnancy album but that'd be a really small album! Maybe I'll do it in trimesters? :confused:

I overthink things! What would you do/what did you do?

Thanks!

Brittanie March 12th, 2013 10:13 PM

Re: Question for Chronological scrappers!

And that's why I don't do a pregnancy album. lol

I have albums for each child. The first few pages are a bfp page, an ultrasound layout (usually double) that includes all ultrasounds, and then a layout of my belly pictures. And then we go on to newborn, etc. I don't have scrapbooks for individual events. My albums are just life as it happens, and the kids' are ending up being an album (or two!) a year.

RobinX02 March 12th, 2013 10:38 PM

Hmmmm for the kids's books I do as Brittanie said... but not sure how Ill do it in my own book. I haven't got to that point in my books. Maybe in trimesters.. so sept you found out you were preg_ do a few belly pics and your announcement pics, then tri 2 you could do belly pics and u/s pics.. and tri 3 will be belly picsand maybe nursery/baby goods pics....then tada a baby is here!

JanessaFaith March 12th, 2013 10:39 PM

Right, its not a pregnancy album, its a "life as it happens" album. It'll be in the same book I'm working on now. I just want to include it in there (and in the baby's book) because its my scrapbook of my life and obviously this is a big part of my life so it would feel so weird not to mention it. But as I was typing my initial lengthy question, I think I decided to do a first trimester LO where it fits between things, maybe around the Christmas pages, then do a 2nd trimester LO somewhere around this time of year I guess.. then the third trimester right before his birth. I don't know, we'll see!

Yes basically that Robin! :)

BeckyM March 13th, 2013 07:16 AM

I'm still so thrilled you are pg and can scrap some pg pics. :excited:

I guess I'm one of the few here (but think Jess has started one to), but I do have a separate pg album. It too is unfinished, but I'm getting there. ;) For my BFP, I did a 2 pager with the tests and alot of journaling (including hidden journaling) about our TTC journey, how I told DH, pics of the BFP tests I took, and did bullets of what my blood tests were & how they increased. Here's a pic of that 2 pager to show you.

http://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.just...74baaa05f8.jpg

For my belly pics, I did some pages throughout the album at different times, but also did a 2 pager showing the progression.

http://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.just...386ca96c52.jpg

I remember Jess doing a combo page (and I think it became a 4 pager) with belly pics along with u/s pics of her & Jaylen growing and growing and growing. It turned out really cute.

Just have fun with it, and I can't wait to see those pages!!

:lol: I did not notice until just now posting those 2 pages next to each other, that I used the same butterflies the same paper on both those pages. With the Mommy Blooms page, I pulled those out of my scrap pile, so it was probably scraps from when I did the Positively Pg layout.

Brittanie March 13th, 2013 10:04 AM

Janessa, I add some to my own album too. But most of it is in the kids' albums. I haven't decided what I'm going to *do* with the kids' albums when the leave the house yet, because honestly MOST of my scrapping is in their books. They are kind of my life right now...they may not get them until I die. :p

babyloves2dance March 13th, 2013 10:24 AM

I don't have an album for myself, just ones for my kids...and with those I do like Brittanie does. I think that Robin and Becky have some great ideas for incorporating it into your album though! Can't wait to see what you do!

JanessaFaith March 13th, 2013 11:13 AM

Becky, I love all those pages!! Very cute!!

Brittanie, :lol: They'll be hard to let go of, I'm sure! Clint's mom gave us (me) his books after we'd been living together for a while and I imagine at that point she felt like we would stay together and she could trust me to take care of them. I imagine I'll do the same with my kids. Give them their books when they're old enough to see the value in them and keep them nice. Of course in my case there's gonna be a lot more albums than the 2 that Clint's mom gave me! So they'll have to have a big house! :lol:

Brittanie March 13th, 2013 12:54 PM

I'm working on Erin's 5th album right now and I haven't even hit her 3rd birthday yet. :p

mandalyn March 14th, 2013 05:17 AM

I did a baby book, kind of like the ones you get at the store, with the lines that you fill in with stuff. They are both similar for the boys, but Trevor's is lacking in the favorites and first. Poor second kid, lol!!

RobinX02 March 14th, 2013 10:12 AM

Janessa- I was laughing about the 2 albums the other day when first replied. I only got two also and that's birth to 12th grade! Guess that's the difference in film and digital!

JanessaFaith March 14th, 2013 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RobinX02 (Post 27195207)
Janessa- I was laughing about the 2 albums the other day when first replied. I only got two also and that's birth to 12th grade! Guess that's the difference in film and digital!

Yep! I think that's about the span of Clint's albums too! Seems like there's a little bit after graduation though. And when I scrapped for my brother and did my own childhood, both those sets were just 2 albums each too!

Eventually we're gonna run out of room for scrapbook storage!! :lol: I just remembered, last night I dreamt that our caught up in a tornado, and after grabbing my computer, I was clinging to my scrapbooks!! :lol: It seems like it took most of the house but spared my scrapbooks.