JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Paper Scrapbooking (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f190-paper-scrapbooking/)
-   -   Least Used Tool (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f190-paper-scrapbooking/2659804-least-used-tool.html)

BeckyM June 19th, 2013 07:51 AM

Least Used Tool

What scrappy tool do you have that you use the least?

Why do you not use it more often?

Happy Song June 19th, 2013 08:06 AM

Re: Least Used Tool

My heat gun... My husband borrowed it. I don't use it much because I don't drag the stamp stuff out much and the heat embossing stuff even less. Mostly because it is time intensive and messy.

Ok ok ok really because I am lazy.

babyloves2dance June 19th, 2013 08:08 AM

What scrappy tool do you have that you use the least? Probably my distressing tool and my sew easy.

Why do you not use it more often? I forget I have the distressing tool, and my sew easy isn't all that easy. I find I can do my faux stitching a lot easier with my paper piercer and template.

BeckyM June 19th, 2013 08:21 AM

Nicole, I'm lazy too. :rofl:

What scrappy tool do you have that you use the least? Probably a toss between the heat gun and that light box.

Why do you not use it more often? It's on shelf (heat gun) and inside cabinet (light box) and I don't do much embossing either and haven't touched the light box in years. Neither are techniques I use often in scrapping, perhaps if I start making more cards, I'll pull at least the heat gun out more often.

babyloves2dance June 19th, 2013 08:29 AM

Totally forgot about that light box! Got it as a present and all it does is sit on the shelf. Don't think I have ever used it....not exactly sure what to use it for other than maybe tracing??

BeckyM June 19th, 2013 08:59 AM

Light box can also be used for dry embossing. I don't think I've ever even used mine either.

wefrogy June 19th, 2013 09:42 AM

What scrappy tool do you have that you use the least? probably my heat gun as well

Why do you not use it more often? not doing that type of embossing

Brittanie June 19th, 2013 12:12 PM

What scrappy tool do you have that you use the least? Probably my heat gun as well, but also my Cropadile Big Bite lately too.

Why do you not use it more often? Laziness on my part too. Too much effort to pull it out and mess with the mess it make (I ALWAYS spill my eyelets when I get them out)

babyloves2dance June 19th, 2013 12:42 PM

I would die without my heat gun! LOL! I LOVE heat embossing things! LOL!

Happy Song June 19th, 2013 01:41 PM

If I heat embossing bosses I am likely to use my stove as I at least know where that is...

BeckyM June 20th, 2013 07:54 AM

:lol: Except for Kelsey, most of us say our heat gun. Too funny.

Brittanie - yeah, I don't pull out my crop-a-dile much either, and never quite know what to do with those eyelets.

Nicole - have to ask, how to you use your stove to heat emboss? Bake the item?