JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Paper Scrapbooking (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f190-paper-scrapbooking/)
-   -   Scrapbooking Nursing? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f190-paper-scrapbooking/2662567-scrapbooking-nursing.html)

JanessaFaith June 30th, 2013 10:16 PM

Scrapbooking Nursing?

Would it be weird/creepy/awkward to do a page about nursing?? In my book or his?? I kinda love nursing. I love the way he looks up at me when he's still awake. He looks around and makes all these faces. I feel like he's smiling. And I have at least one picture where you can't see anything. So thoughts? Anyone ever scrap about nursing?

Happy Song June 30th, 2013 10:32 PM

Re: Scrapbooking Nursing?

I have two pages that I recently posted in the show me a page topic where I am breastfeeding. One discreet the other you can see everything. I find nothing wrong with it, but then I have a frame by frame page of Scarlett being born that I have shared on here before.

I think that you should definitely scrapbook it and if it outside your comfort zone add the more graphic picture in a hidden part so you still have the pictures.

Brittanie June 30th, 2013 10:54 PM

If you want to, go for it! I never have, but that's because I'm an ultra modest person. lol That, and I actually don't really enjoy nursing. So...yeah.

But you scrap whatever you're comfortable scrapping. And put it in either book. If you think he'd think it was weird when he got older, then only include pictures you can't see anything in.

Pupcake74 June 30th, 2013 11:13 PM

I will totally scrap some of mine when ever I figure out how to get them off my old BlackBerry. I think I would put them in a book for me thought just in case he would be embarrassed by them.

RobinX02 July 1st, 2013 12:50 AM

I would do it in both books. The kids already going to be embarressed by all the bath tun/ naked pics. And its up to you the kid of pics you scrap. I know if Ellie's book my mom scrapped hospital pics of me nursing. Pretty sure I may have with Garrett too. Its normal :)

Happy Song July 1st, 2013 07:23 AM

Think of it this way Zane will be a child 12,years, a teen 7 years and an adult forever! My teenage boys were not interested in their baby albums as teens either.

http://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.just...ee807e335b.jpg

http://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.just...440a6f9764.jpg

wefrogy July 1st, 2013 10:50 AM

I personally see nothing wrong with scrapping nursing pics. I would put them in both books.

JanessaFaith July 1st, 2013 10:56 AM

Thanks girls. I'm sure I'll at least do it in my book.

I'm also still trying to decide how to do his. I think all the journaling will be like I'm talking to him. Kinda like how in mine I'll say "Clint and I...." In his I'll say "Your daddy and I..." and "When you were born.." Its just easier for me to do it that way, and then he always has my thoughts to him like that.

Happy Song July 1st, 2013 11:04 AM

I always end my journaling "love mommy"

BeckyM July 1st, 2013 12:20 PM

I think it would be fine to scrap nursing pics. I don't think I have many pics of Mark nursing :( - I wish I did, but it was mainly just me & him home those 4 months and it's hard to get good pics that way. I may have 1 or 2 from my angle. Once I went back to work, it was pumping during most daylight hours and only nursing at night time and early morning so never got any good nursing pics. I think boys in general get embarrassed with all the pics taken, so I look at this as scrapping mainly for me. So I would definitely put them in.

Nicole - those are great pages!!

Jessica C July 2nd, 2013 08:26 AM

I agree that there's nothing wrong with it as long as you're comfortable with it....or you could hide some of the more exposing ones. I've got one where I was pumping one side and breastfeeding on the other side so there's a lot showing so I made it a hidden picture that's at the top of the page with a little pull tab so you don't have to take the page out of the sleeve to see it and that way it's not out in the open for just anybody to see it if they happen to look at the album.

It's not showing here, but there's a pull tab at the top that says "Pull" and it has a picture of "Double Pumping Mama" with the date.

http://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.just...d933d57793.jpg

Brittanie July 2nd, 2013 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JanessaFaith (Post 27489418)
I'm also still trying to decide how to do his. I think all the journaling will be like I'm talking to him. Kinda like how in mine I'll say "Clint and I...." In his I'll say "Your daddy and I..." and "When you were born.." Its just easier for me to do it that way, and then he always has my thoughts to him like that.

I used to do this. And then I sort of settled in a "we" sort of idea. Now it's only directly to them when it's a letter specifically to them. But the journaling just explaining the pictures? "we decided to do this, and then mom said this, and Erin said this, and Patrick did this" Since I'm scrapping for so many books, it confuses me if I try to do it directly to who the book is for, I don't always remember when I'm doing the page (I've tried to put pages in the wrong books before).

babyloves2dance July 2nd, 2013 09:22 AM

I think it would be fine to scrap nursing pictures. I don't think I have any of my kids nursing. Where it is something that makes you happy and you want to remember it, then I'd say definitely do it! :)

Happy Song July 2nd, 2013 10:48 AM

When I forst read the title, late at night I was thinking you were going to ask about breastfeeding while scrapbooking. All i could think was wow she is rocking this, I couldn't do anything but hold boobies with any of my kids for at least three months!!! and here she is with her new born wanting to scrap and nurse whoa wee! Go mama.

Brittanie July 2nd, 2013 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Happy Song (Post 27492199)
When I forst read the title, late at night I was thinking you were going to ask about breastfeeding while scrapbooking. All i could think was wow she is rocking this, I couldn't do anything but hold boobies with any of my kids for at least three months!!! and here she is with her new born wanting to scrap and nurse whoa wee! Go mama.

I thought that too. lol

I admit, I did with Allison, but that's because she was just good. :p I could get my boppy in just the right spot and didn't need any hands.

JanessaFaith July 2nd, 2013 12:11 PM

LOL I wish!!

My boobs are too big, I definitely need one hand!

Brittanie July 2nd, 2013 12:56 PM

Unfortunately, big boobs have never been a problem I've had