JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Paper Scrapbooking (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f190-paper-scrapbooking/)
-   -   Journaling?? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f190-paper-scrapbooking/947104-journaling.html)

michaelswife February 25th, 2008 02:48 PM

What is your strategy for journaling, or do you have one? Is it always the first thing you think about, or is it an after thought?

lizzy27 February 25th, 2008 03:46 PM

Quote:

What is your strategy for journaling, or do you have one? Is it always the first thing you think about, or is it an after thought?[/b]
It's not the first thing I think about, but I tend to figure out how much journaling I"ll be doing before I plan or sketch a page. That way I make sure to leave enough room. I just did a birth layout for DS and left almost an entire 12 X 12 page for his birth story, so that page definitely got planned around the journaling. I'll have to post a pic at some point. :smile:

sydandlogan'smommy February 25th, 2008 04:23 PM

It is the last thing I do but I do have an idea of how much I want to do when I plan the page so I know I will have enough room.

lizard February 25th, 2008 05:09 PM

I usually do my journaling towards the beginning if I think it is going to be a crowded page. If I only have a couple of pics, then I will do it after I have my pics in place. I have to make sure I get enough journaling on a page because the albums I am working on are sort of a combination between a scrapbook (with a few pics) and a baby book (with stats, accomplishments, stories, and such).

moms_soccer_team February 26th, 2008 08:09 AM

I usually journal what every comes to mind. Sometimes I won't write anything but go back months later and add something.

lovemyfamily0799 February 26th, 2008 04:48 PM

It depends. On a few of my layouts the journaling is actually the focus. Like I wrote a poem about my Mom surviving cancer and I wanted that to be the focus and the picture to kind of back up my feelings of joy to still have her here. So I looked for layout examples that focused more on the journaling.

But most of the time journaling is the last thing I usually do..but I like to leave a place for it if journaling will bring more to the photos and the photos aren't self expanatory along with the title.

berrygirll February 26th, 2008 07:42 PM

I don't journal on all my pages... only if there is something more I want to say that isn't explained in depth by the pics or title. Sometimes just the title is enough for fun pics.
I have thought about journaling or poems before-hand on a few pages... something cute Layla had done or said that I didn't want to forget. If I know I will be using journaling I try to leave room for it somewhere on the pages, whether it's a block or journaling strips.