JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   PCOS Journals (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1240-pcos-journals/)
-   -   Fil - TTC No.1 (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1240-pcos-journals/2513925-fil-ttc-no-1-a.html)

fil April 12th, 2012 06:24 PM

Fil - TTC No.1

Hello ladies!

I thought it might be a good time to start a journal, as I have *just* taken the steps to begin fertility treatments after 15ish months of NTNP. I have never been PG (that I know of). I was diagnosed with PCOS at age 18 and put on BCP, which I stayed on for almost 4 years. My longest cycle lasted about 7 months and only ended because I took Provera. I`ve never had regular cycles and my yearly average when not on BCP is 5-6 periods. Because I live in a very remote (as in, there are no roads that lead here!) community, access to health care is hit-and-miss. I am hoping that I can still get what I need from the health care system and that our TTC will be successful!

I have been charting this cycle (I`m on CD42 right now) and have yet to O. I`ve been having EWCM the past few days, although it seemed to be a smaller amount today and since I haven`t Oed yet, I am thinking that it is probably not going to happen this time around.

I started on 850 mg Metformin yesterday and I`m hoping to get up to my full dose (1700 mg) next week! So far I have been nauseous pretty much constantly, although it`s not too severe. Our plan is to stick with just the Met for 6 months and then if nothing happens, we may add Clomid.

Anyway, I am glad to have the company of a few fellow PCOSers along for the journey. Just hoping for a BFP soon!

fil April 13th, 2012 09:19 AM

Re: Fil - TTC No.1

I'm not sure what is going on with my cycle... Can't figure out if I have *just* O'd, am about to O or have been experiencing a "false alarm." Had a small temp raise this morning, but not enough for a typical O pattern. Still had some EWCM so DH and I BD'd quick before work. I figured it's possible that I have JUST O'd, so my temp increase is just starting, and I didn't want to miss the window for that egg. Of course, I'm probably just over-thinking it and won't even O at all. I just wish that my body would follow a normal cycle so that I could really see what was going on with my charts. :(

In other news, I was nauseous all day yesterday until dinnertime when I took my Metformin pill! Then I felt good for the rest of the evening, and woke up this morning feeling sick to my stomach again. Weird. We'll see how today goes I guess.

fil April 13th, 2012 08:12 PM

I am confused! :confused:

1) I just checked my chart and I have had EWCM for SIX days now. It hasn't always been a large quantity, but it's there. This seems unusually long and sortof weird. It's making me think it is just PCOS messing with my CM and it doesn't mean anything...

2) I am not sure whether I have ovulated. My temps went up this morning, but only a little, not enough for a typical post-O pattern. BUT IT STILL WENT UP and it corresponds with my CM, so maybe I O'ed??? I was thinking I might have *just* O'ed a few hours before temping, so my numbers hadn't risen much yet. So I woke DH up for a morning BD session! ;) But I would feel a lot more settled about it if it were higher...

3) My Metformin is affecting me in the strangest way... I have been taking a 1/2 dose every evening with dinner and so far I have not felt nauseous until hours later, and then the nausea lasts from morning until late afternoon/evening the next day! Then around dinner it clears up and I have a few hours of feeling good again before the next pill kicks in. Is this normal?

fil April 14th, 2012 10:19 AM

I just wrote a long post, but JM ate it! In sum:

Temp has barely gone up, not enough to really indicate O.

Feeling discouraged. :(

fil April 17th, 2012 01:27 PM

CD47

My CM has been weird... stretchy and lubricative-ish, but kindof thick at the same time??? I think it is phasing out of EW and into a more creamy texture. Anyway. I'm sure nobody really wants to know about my CM, hey?

I really thought I was going to O a couple days ago, but it looks like it was a false alarm. I *wish* I had been charting last cycle so I would know whether I Oed. Oh well.

I know I should be BDing still because I *could* still O with this type of CM, but I've lost interest totally. Maybe tonight I'll be able to get back in the mood a bit. I can't help but fear that this will be another 7 month + cycle again and that I am wasting my time with charting!! I guess I shouldn't be losing hope yet though, since I am on the Metformin now and have a chance to get regulated a bit.

Sigh.

ElliotsMommy13 April 19th, 2012 07:51 AM

awww. fil... I am sorry about all the confusion. Seems like the same stuff I went through. I was on BC pills for years then when I got off, we were NTNP as well and nothing a year later except for 50 pounds weight gain, bad skin, depression, and periods that had 3-8 month breaks between.. I just had ovarian drilling surgery in February and since then my periods have been perfect and right on time and I know I did O with clomid. I have not lost any weight or gotten better skin yet.. but I am more hopeful now than ever. I am not in a remote location but I am in a foreign country with a language barrier so I understand some about how hard it can be to get health care. I hope you get some answers soon. Although I have never been pregnant, I feel like the surgery was a good call for me as things are finally looking more possible than ever. It was just akward waking up in a hospital having people speaking to me in German and feeling so lost. :) Don't give up hope... that will only make you miserable.

fil April 19th, 2012 08:39 PM

NAUSEA NAUSEA NAUSEA NAUSEA

BLOATING BLOATING BLOATING

That is all.