JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Plus Size Mommies and Mommies to Be (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f128-plus-size-mommies-and-mommies-to/)
-   -   Amberrose's Induction Updated 745PM (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f128-plus-size-mommies-and-mommies-to/1611299-amberroses-induction-updated-745pm.html)

ChicaChels June 25th, 2009 07:13 AM

Amberrose's Induction Updated 745PM

Amber went to the hospital last night (Wednesday) at 10pm to get the induction started. I just got my first text from her..her water has been broken and she is having pretty good contractions. She is just about to get her epi. She is asking for prayers for Libby because there is meconium (a good amount she said) in her water.

I will update as soon as I hear more from her!

I haven't heard from Amber since around 3:30, but at that point she was pretty sure she was going to have to have a c-section (Which I know she really did NOT want)...but she wasn't progressing - she was dilated at 2 all day but having strong contractions so there was no need to up her Pitocin, so her Dr. was giving her an hour to dilate or she was going to the OR. I am praying I haven't heard from her because she is in hard hard labor now and got to avoid the c-section, but no matter how libby comes into this world all that matters is that mom and baby are ok!

Christina(mommyof2) June 25th, 2009 07:39 AM

Re: Amberrose's Induction

good luck

Vicki... June 25th, 2009 07:51 AM

Sending plenty of prayers her way for her and Libby, hoping all is well and also sending ELV's

ChicaChels June 25th, 2009 10:26 AM

got an update. libby's vitals are good and momma's epi is starting to kick in. i asked her how dilated/effaced she is, but i haven't heard back yet!

*Mrs.J.2011* June 25th, 2009 11:03 AM

ELV's! Hope things are going well!

lil duckies mama June 25th, 2009 11:53 AM

Good Luck and cant wait to hear she had Libby.

Vicki... June 25th, 2009 02:47 PM

Glad to hear the epi is kicking in and that Libby's vitals are great

Justjeni June 25th, 2009 04:47 PM

Hope all is well with her and Libby.......Chels what is meconium? I'm going to google it.

Googled......oh no what happens when meconium is with the baby?

gumonyershoe June 25th, 2009 04:53 PM

Hope everything goes OK!

Jeni, there's a chance they could get it in their lungs. Meconium aspiration syndrome - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Vicki... June 25th, 2009 06:51 PM

Re: Amberrose's Induction Updated 745PM

Hope all goes well, and although a c section is not first choice for most anyone, i think it will help her

Christina(mommyof2) June 25th, 2009 07:14 PM

oh no! I hope shes ok! C-Sections are NOT fun and are a more rougher recovery, i had one 5 months aago

PinkFireFly June 25th, 2009 08:28 PM

Thoughts and prayers.....