JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Plus Size Mommies and Mommies to Be (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f128-plus-size-mommies-and-mommies-to/)
-   -   Does being overweight slow down TTC? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f128-plus-size-mommies-and-mommies-to/164311-does-being-overweight-slow-down-ttc.html)

wwwdotdawn March 8th, 2006 03:27 AM

Being around 50-60 pounds overweight myself just wondering. I am heading into cycle 3 I know that is still early in the TTC world... I am wondering will these extra pounds hurt my chances? PLUS TTC is so stressful I am eating constantly. I have to pull it together.

Thanks ladies. I am not 100% sure I didn't already ask this... :huh:

Dawnn

Mom2DyJessAva March 8th, 2006 03:37 AM

im not really sure on the facts but i honestly dont think being over weight hurts your chances of becoming pregnant.. there are many plus size women who have babys all the time...im pregnant and im well over 60 pounds (untill i have him then im on a diet)...just keep your head up and try not to let weight worry u!..good luck!

petersgirl March 8th, 2006 06:40 AM

I'm about 50-60 pounds overweight as well and got pregnant on the first try. I think there are a lot of factors that go into getting pregnant for a healthy woman, and not just one thing.
Hugs and chin up!!!! You sound like a wonderful person and it will happen for you!!!!!
Marina

wwwdotdawn March 8th, 2006 06:56 AM

I'm 35 too though. I am going to work on my weight this month.. 16 days till ovulation! I can lose a few pounds before then in a healty way.. thanks

petersgirl March 8th, 2006 07:17 AM

Hey Dawnn,
Just a note, if you are going to lose weight while you are ttc'ing, do it slowly, keeping to a regular and not too strenious routine. That is what both my docotr and nurtitionist had told me. They said if you take it too fast then it can screw up your cycles, and from your charts you seem to have nice predictable temps and cycles.
:dust:
Marina

editted to add an "n"

wwwdotdawn March 8th, 2006 09:11 AM

thanks =) about the n

yeah my goal is about a pound and a half a week...

bunnershunny March 8th, 2006 10:07 AM

This question does get asked a lot, and that's because everyone is always telling us how being overwieght effects everything. (Don't feel bad about asking, we're all here for that kind of info/support!!) I can only speak for myself, but I got pregnant our first month trying, and I was at least 80lbs overweight. That said, my cycles have always been very regular, so that wasn't an issue for me. I started tracking temps our first month trying, but I'd been tracking CM for quite a while (to NOT get pregnant) so I was pretty aware already of when I O'd. So all we really did was make sure to BD every other day around the time I was due to O, and make sure I had an orgasm after he did (to suck those little guys up there :P ). And lo and behold, our first child is due in 4 wks!

NFisher March 8th, 2006 10:39 AM

I am about 60 lbs over weight, but i wanted a baby so bad. I was tasking the OVluation test and got pregnant the first time. I heard people say that smoking decreases the chances more than being over weight

wwwdotdawn March 8th, 2006 11:27 AM

well this is good news. I want to lose weight anyway. As I am sure we all do. So I will do my best to focus on that and just temp while TTC. Hopefully this will be my month for a December baby. Then I can join you ladies.=)

nlp32 March 14th, 2006 02:00 PM

I was about 60 lbs overweight when I got pregnant with my first and about 100 lbs overweight when I got pregnant with my second (on bc pills!) and am still 100 lbs over weight and concieved this baby right after I had an IUD taken out. I have a friend that is in your shoes, she too is not that overweight maybe 40 pounds and is 33, a lot of factors go into it. My SIL on the other hand was never even supposed to be able to have babies and she concieved at 32 and 40 pounds over weight. Hang in there, it WILL happen. ;)

Stacia March 14th, 2006 07:00 PM

I'm 33, and was around 45-55 pounds overweight when I had concieved. I also have PCOS that was being treated with Metformin. My endocrinoligist told me that even losing as little as 5 pounds can help you concieve. Sure enough, I lost ten pounds I got pregnant. Since getting pregnant my body has been responding really well. I've dropped about 15 pounds in my first tri-mester by just watching what I eat (no morning sickness). I've been told I can get through this pregnancy gaining very little/if any weight.

Good luck, hope you get to join the December DDC!!

syncere March 15th, 2006 08:44 AM

Does being overweight slow down getting pregnant? Well this is a loaded question.. If you are fertile myrtle over there being 300 pounds overweight wouldnt slow you down.. If you are just an average person can being overweight slow you down? Sure, something as small as 5 pounds could help you conceive.. This isnt true for everyone some people just get lucky and get pregnant with no problems.. I can honestly say that I am overweight and I got pregnant with my daughter after I lost about 10-15 pounds.. Just try to lose a small amount of weight and that very well may help the process along.. Good luck.. BFP VIBES

Chunky Monkey March 16th, 2006 09:03 AM

My advice is there might be other factors than you just being overweight. Go see your dr. and have a work-up done.
I can tell you this. I am about 40 lbs. overweight & my old OB/GYN told me we were having trouble b/c I was overweight. Period. Without even checking anything. Then through him we ended up finding out I have endometriosis. Then he diagnosed me with PCOS but told me nothing of medications, diet, exercise, etc. I just started seeing a new OB/GYN & he confirmed the PCOS & now has me on metformin, gave me a sheet about diet & exercise and told me it would probably be best for me to lose some weight.

Not saying you do have PCOS or endo, just something to consider as a factor.

Good luck in your TTC!

chelseamb March 19th, 2006 08:44 PM

Hun... i am 100 pounsd overweight and i got pregnant without trying and on the first shot. i know this cause my bf was only in town for the one time lol.. so dont beleive those. im guessing your lifestyle might have something to do with it... like foods you eat, stress, if you over excersise, too much sun, anything really.