JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Plus Size Mommies and Mommies to Be (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f128-plus-size-mommies-and-mommies-to/)
-   -   Do You (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f128-plus-size-mommies-and-mommies-to/1643968-do-you.html)

Christina(mommyof2) July 22nd, 2009 09:52 PM

Do You

Sleep with a fan on?

Vicki... July 23rd, 2009 08:43 AM

Re: Do You

Yep definitely do, I need the noise from it

ChicaChels July 23rd, 2009 09:06 AM

we have three fans going in our room. it is always hot in here, evn with the AC as low as it will go

MomtoKatieB July 23rd, 2009 09:08 AM

OMG I thought that DH was the only person on the planet who can't sleep without the fan running due to needing the noise. We have a fan running at night and I am okay with it after talking with the doctor and being reassured that having Katie sleeping in the room with us won't cause her harm so long as the fan isn't blowing straight on her.

SandKmommy July 23rd, 2009 09:40 AM

yes in the window right now because we dont have an a/c

Army_Wife July 23rd, 2009 12:03 PM

Always, even in the dead of winter. We need it for the noise. I have one in the kids' room, too. Wyatt can't sleep without the noise either. Even right now while he's taking a nap, the fan is on.

PinkFireFly July 23rd, 2009 12:53 PM

Yup, we have a really nice ceiling fan that gives off and awesome breeze with no noise!

ChicaChels July 23rd, 2009 01:10 PM

beth there was just a post in my DDC that fans significantly help reduce SIDS. I asked my midwife about it at my appt tuesday and she said it is absolutely true! She said a lot of newborns stop breathing because they get too warm and forget to breathe which leads to SIDs. Also, having the fan on oscilate *sp* helps because it keeps the co2 we breath out moving :)

PinkFireFly July 23rd, 2009 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChicaChels (Post 16691644)
beth there was just a post in my DDC that fans significantly help reduce SIDS. I asked my midwife about it at my appt tuesday and she said it is absolutely true! She said a lot of newborns stop breathing because they get too warm and forget to breathe which leads to SIDs. Also, having the fan on oscilate *sp* helps because it keeps the co2 we breath out moving :)

I wonder since people recommend not using bumpers on a crib, I am wondering if you can use the padded bumpers in the crib bedding sets and have the fan on if this will help reduce SIDS... I have read that the fabric bumpers can cause SIDS... you get what I am saying... i think I confused me self....^_^

gumonyershoe July 24th, 2009 06:57 PM

We used to use a fan, but now just occasionally I'll leave the ceiling fan on.

ChicaChels July 24th, 2009 08:43 PM

medic they rec. not using bumpers because baby can get her face stuck in them and not move away thus causing suffocation. they rec. if you wana use a bumper to get the ventillated ones (they are mesh). i plan on using a bumper (not the one that came with our bedding set simply because the ribbon is too short to fit around our crib) because we got a thing for her to lay in that prevents her from being able to roll over as a small fry and then i figure once she is big enough to move out of it, i would rather have a vented bumper than wake up to her screaming because she got her leg stuck in between the crib rails or something!