JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Post Partum Depression (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f125-post-partum-depression/)
-   -   Your Relationship (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f125-post-partum-depression/1720968-your-relationship.html)

BeckyLouWho September 28th, 2009 11:31 PM

Your Relationship

How has PPD affected your relationship with your spouse, your family, your children?

It hasn't really had any effects on my relationship with Kinsley and Noah .. the only thing I can really notice is that sometimes I get easily frustrated over very small things they do .. HOWEVER .. it has had a profound effect on my relationship with Nick. :(

kerian September 29th, 2009 04:57 AM

Re: Your Relationship

before i got help it definitely affected my rel;ationship with DH. but since getting help we have gotten closer then ever before!

silverlife September 29th, 2009 04:13 PM

Like you, I get easily frustrated with little things my children do. I was yelling at them today for no reason at all. :(

My sex drive has taken a nose dive. I stayed up about an hour after my daughter fell asleep last night so that my husband would be too tired for sex. I was so not in the mood, but I knew he wanted to.

cakelady September 29th, 2009 04:50 PM

It definitely affected us since he usually has to take on more, but he's used to me being depressed.

danniegirl October 1st, 2009 02:30 PM

At first it was bad as dh was working late and i had to tend to the kids after work by myself i would snap at everyone. since i started medications it has gotten better still get a little frustrated.

way2gomom October 1st, 2009 08:38 PM

I still have a tendency to get frustrated really easily. Especially if I'm tired. I think the worst part of PPD for my relationship with DH was that I freaked out anytime I was away from Dalton. DH thought that I didn't trust him with Dalton for quite a while.

Perfectly~Flawed October 4th, 2009 10:57 PM

Only with DF he just doesn't understand why I have to do the things I do. Why I'm sad the times I am and so on...he's trying I know but we just get fusturated with each other

mummy2angel&ray October 8th, 2009 09:27 PM

It has definitely taken a toll on my relationships with DH and my step-daughters.
I am sooo very easily irritated and I get very snappy.
With my step daughters it seems like everything they do irritate me and I'm always snapping at them.
With DH I just have no sex drive. No desire to be touched or to be intimate with him. And I can be quite snarly with him. He's pulled away from me in the last year. But I just started meds so i'm hoping it helps :(

JessP October 19th, 2009 10:26 PM

DH has been wonderful. He has had his moments but I think overall it strengthened our marriage. We have a strange connection like that though. He is my rock and I would be lost without him. It is so hard not to take out frustration on DH though. It is easier since I know he will always be there. It isn't fair though :(. It is something I work on.