JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Post Partum Depression (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f125-post-partum-depression/)
-   -   Anyone come here often? LOL (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f125-post-partum-depression/1812268-anyone-come-here-often-lol.html)

GinaS. December 21st, 2009 10:59 AM

Anyone come here often? LOL

I've been stopping in just to check to see how often anyone posts and it doesn't seem like very often, but I think this forum is a great idea. I'm going to check in more often and, hopefully, others do too.

My daughter, Isabella (we call her Bella) is just about 2 1/2 months old, she was born 10/15. I think PPD hit me before I even left the hospital, but lately, I've been feeling so lonely, depressed and I feel like I just can't seem to keep up with anything or do anything right. The hubster is great at helping out, but it doesn't help the way I feel. Before Bella, I worked full time as a legal secretary and assistant office manager. I ran my department and was always on top of everything. To be quite honest - I was completely anal about everything. The hubster and I decided early on that once Bella arrived, I would be a stay at home mom. I figured that would be EASY! OK - reality smacked me right in the face! I went from someone who was completely a hard-*****, to someone who cries at everything. Don't get me wrong - I am completely in love with our daughter, but (and this I HATE to admit) when she's awake (she is colicky) I just wish she was sleeping! I am pretty much "afraid" of her - which sounds so stupid, but it's true. I just don't know what to do when she goes into one of her fits! We also cannot seem to get a formula that works well with Bella, since it appears she is lactose intolerant and has a soy allergy, so she is miserable most of the time and that makes me feel so horrible. We are on the the third formula now - which doesn't seem to be helping. I can't keep up with any housework - my house is a mess - I can't keep up with any laundry, getting meals ready...blah blah. I cry A LOT. Yesterday, I completely forgot to feed my dogs. I'm sure they were more then pissed. Like I said earlier, I feel very alone and now that I'm not working, I feel completely alienated from the outside world. My family does not live near, so I am alone everyday. I just feel like I can't do anything right lately. I know I am not the only one who feels like this and I would LOVE to be in contact with other moms out there who feel the same...anyone??

mommy_tu_2 December 21st, 2009 09:11 PM

Re: Anyone come here often? LOL

i commented in the pr, but im here too! lol

JessP December 24th, 2009 09:14 PM

Re: Anyone come here often? LOL

I pop in every couple days or try to. The board is a little slower than it used to be but people are still here :).
I am so sorry you are having a hard time. Have you talked to your dr about your feelings? Have you talked to your ped about the formula problem. They may have some suggestions. I think they make some that are for sensitive children. I know my son had acid reflux and until we got that under control he was so fussy. And it was so hard. But once we figured that out he was a much happier baby and I was a happier mommy :). You can pm me anytime you need something. We are all here :) to help.