JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Post Partum Depression (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f125-post-partum-depression/)
-   -   time to catch up (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f125-post-partum-depression/1820282-time-to-catch-up.html)

kerian December 30th, 2009 11:17 AM

time to catch up

so ladies who is here and how are you doing?

andi2284 December 30th, 2009 02:50 PM

Re: time to catch up

I've been here a little bit over the past 2 months. I just started seeing a psychiatrist earlier this month. I'm still waiting to start medication, which I think will really help. I was prescribed Paxil at my last appointment but I came across a lot of bad information on it, so I'm not taking it yet and I'm waiting until my appointment next week to talk to him about finding something else. My mood has been okay lately, our holidays were pretty laid back so it wasn't high stress for the most part. I already feel myself slipping again though, which I expected when Christmas was over. I'm just anxious to feel better, I have felt like this for too long and I want to feel normal again!

kerian December 31st, 2009 02:04 AM

hey Andi, i really hope the doc can help. it is so hard when you get meds and you read all the scary stuff out there. and with BF its even harder cos of baby. so you are so limited on what you can take.

JessP January 1st, 2010 10:49 PM

Hey ladies. I am doing ok right now but my PPD is gone for the most part. Its been 10 months since our loss and luckily my ppd wasn't as bad as it had been in the past. First time for not doing meds. Its hard and I hope everyone is doing great. Andi I hope you find some meds that will help you. I took paxil and did ok.

kerian January 2nd, 2010 01:23 AM

well i am doing pretty good. my moods still arent stable, but at least i am not irrational anymore. although i did have a bad moment a week ago. but all in all doing good.

Quote:

Hey ladies. I am doing ok right now but my PPD is gone for the most part. Its been 10 months since our loss and luckily my ppd wasn't as bad as it had been in the past. First time for not doing meds.

i am sorry for your loss. but glad to hear you are doing so well.

Erinmarie83 January 3rd, 2010 02:56 PM

Im doing a lot better. Ive been on Zoloft for over a month now and I feel alot better. Still have some rough days but I have maybe only had 2 bad days since I started my meds. Im so grateful that I got help and have support from my family :)

kerian January 4th, 2010 05:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Erinmarie83 (Post 18511238)
Im doing a lot better. Ive been on Zoloft for over a month now and I feel alot better. Still have some rough days but I have maybe only had 2 bad days since I started my meds. Im so grateful that I got help and have support from my family :)

glad to hear you doing so well!

HappyHippy January 8th, 2010 04:07 PM

I had PPD with my first son, for a little over a year. I'm expecting my second son now and haven't had prenatal depression, and am feeling real good. Hoping I won't get PPD this time around, and I don't think that I will. I think the circumstances regarding my first pregnancy and the birth is what gave me PPD, and the fact that I had my heart set on BF'ing and not getting any support or help with that.

andi2284 January 11th, 2010 07:39 AM

I'm glad you are all doing better!

At my last appointment he prescribed me a new medication, Pristique. After doing some research (and finding very little) I made another appointment for later today to talk about finding something else. I think I'm going to specifically ask for Zoloft or Lexapro this time. They seem to be the 2 top recommended medications for breastfeeding moms. I just don't feel right about taking something that is so new and unresearched and letting DD become a test subject for it, ya know? The information I did find said that 5-7% of the Pristique passes through my milk, compared to 0.5% of Zoloft, so that was the kicker for me.

I would love to see this board more active! I've been searching for online support groups for PPD the past few days and I'm coming up empty-handed :( This is such a hard thing to live with, and it's even harder when you can't get support for it. I would love to see an active group on here that other women can come to for support!

kerian January 11th, 2010 10:24 AM

let us know how it goes at the doc. and i agree with what you found out. it is really not worht the risk.

i would also love to see this board more active.

JessP January 19th, 2010 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Erinmarie83 (Post 18511238)

Glad you are doing good with the Zoloft. It makes a world of difference.

Quote:

Originally Posted by JennTheMomma (Post 18586408)
I had PPD with my first son, for a little over a year. I'm expecting my second son now and haven't had prenatal depression, and am feeling real good. Hoping I won't get PPD this time around, and I don't think that I will. I think the circumstances regarding my first pregnancy and the birth is what gave me PPD, and the fact that I had my heart set on BF'ing and not getting any support or help with that.

I am glad you are feeling better about this one and I sincerely hope you won't have PPD this time around. Although I would say watch for it because it is common.