JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Post Partum Depression (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f125-post-partum-depression/)
-   -   *deleted/updated*!! (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f125-post-partum-depression/2126633-deleted-updated.html)

HailandNevansmom October 8th, 2010 10:24 AM

*deleted/updated*!!

Updated... and i m improving sooo much lately so ive decided to wipe out this post, and would like all my writing to be as positive as possible.... on a new med for 3 weeks... celexa... its one ive been on a lot b4, and it seems to be doing a lot for me.. im also doing a meditation group, and on my own at home, and using POSITIVE AFFIRMATIONS ... ive realized the more positive i feel, and think, the more it multiplies, also... if i go the negative path, it will unfortunately do the same thing. I am also in a PPD group with other moms.

I still am having some rough times with accepting some thoughts and feelings that are negative or what i find to be innappriate... but im learning not to obsess and worry over them as it draws more attn to them.

I KNOW that i am a good person , and a good mom, and thats what matters the most. :) I have learned A HUGE LESSON over this past year or two... and that is not to JUDGE MYSELF or OTHERS, as we do not know what ppl are going through, or about their lives... so respect or leave it be.. also ive learned to be GRATEFUL for all the good things we have in our life, and lastly to be POSITIVE!!!. Ty for all your support. <3 Ill still be posting here tho. so im not leaving :) hugs.

JessP October 11th, 2010 08:14 PM

Re: *My update on seeing intake nurse(obsessing, fear, worrying, crying etc)*

It is easy to put up a good front. So don't let the appearance of those that are carefree worry you. I do it every day, you would never know that my depression hangs at the edge and I just look over and try not to fall.
I am glad you are off the meds and feeling better and that you joined a support group. Support is so important when going through any kind of depression. I hope that things continue to improve for you. Keep us posted on how the group sessions go.

HailandNevansmom October 13th, 2010 09:08 PM

SweetSimpleThings October 16th, 2010 05:19 PM

Hi, I'm not a normal member of this board, but happened to pop in here today... I had quite bad PPD with my first, but so far with my second (she is 4.5 months) things are going ok. I was also quite anxiety prone, compulsive, worried about horrible things, etc. with my PPD with my first.

I just happened to notice that your info says you are in B.C. ... I am too. I'm not sure if you've already been in touch with them but the Pacific Post Partum Support Society is amazing... you can do phone counselling (free) and they also have weekly support groups. I was involved in a group for quite some time after my first was born, and they were really phenomenal.

Anyway, not sure if that will help but I thought I'd just chime in and share that.

Good luck... it is NOT fun to struggle with ppd :(

HailandNevansmom October 26th, 2010 05:54 PM

JessP October 26th, 2010 06:06 PM

I am glad you are finding the group sessions helpful and that your referral went through ok. Hopefully that society will help too, sounds like a good deal. I hope that you continue to do better each day.

HailandNevansmom October 26th, 2010 09:35 PM

awwww ty so much :)) :dothug:

JessW7 November 7th, 2010 01:01 AM

Hi! Sorry I havent been in a while but Im glad to see your update. I think its really great that you are going to the support groups and I believe that they will help! I think talking about things and realizing you arent alone is a huge relief, it sure is for me at least! Im happy to hear you are finding and using the resources around you! I know its hard to deal with every day and I admire your strength to get better! I hope you continue to feel better each day and the healing process is a quick and happy one!

HailandNevansmom November 7th, 2010 11:12 AM

JessP November 12th, 2010 08:11 PM

I am glad you are going to get some one on one support. That will help along with the group stuff. It is nice to know there are people who understand. Even when you wish they weren't going through what you are going through. Let us know how the 15th goes.

HailandNevansmom November 20th, 2010 09:35 PM

JessW7 November 21st, 2010 02:41 PM

Im glad things are going well. Its good at least some days are good ones now :) How you continue on the right path to feeling better. Keep us posted. Good luck with the meditation!

HailandNevansmom December 18th, 2010 02:28 PM

Re: *deleted/updated*!!

Updated first post.

JessP December 18th, 2010 09:13 PM

I am glad that you are feeling so much better and taking a new lease on life. It is always good when we start to feel better.

JessW7 December 19th, 2010 11:37 AM

Yay for you! So glad your on the road to feeling better! I know how good that feels!! So happy for you!