JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Post Partum Depression (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f125-post-partum-depression/)
-   -   New poster. (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f125-post-partum-depression/2267991-new-poster.html)

NatashaL March 6th, 2011 09:29 PM

New poster.

I'm pretty much just XPing this from my other post. I'm new to this board but I'm not new to the online forum. I just wanted to find a forum with a good PPD/mental health board. I hope this is it.

Hello, I'm a new poster on this board...clearly. I'm Natasha.

I had my 3rd baby 5.5 weeks ago and she was 9 weeks early. It basically cemented the fact that I was overwhelmed and it pushed me over the very unstable edge. I was already battling PPD, PTSD, and depression to start with. Things got very dire and very bad but I'm on the road to recovery.

I'm getting inpatient treatment right now but I hope they'll release me soon. I miss the comforts of being home but I don't trust myself to be home right now. I'm on a whole set of medication and I have therapy every day plus group every morning.

I'm having a very rough time and it's been a struggle. I'm trying to handle things as well as I can but the pain is so intense and difficult to deal with. I've cut myself off from the online world of FB and other message boards/forums because it's so hard for me to see people with these amazing lives that I wish I had right now. I'm just ready for my life to be like that with my family. I don't know if that makes sense but I think you'll understand what I mean.

LifesGood March 7th, 2011 05:18 AM

Re: New poster.

Hi Natsha. I am Carrie.
I hope that you can find some understanding ladies here.
I am sorry that you are struggling, I dont know how I would handle a set of young twins and a premie. Getting help is the most important thing that you can do for the kids. I hope that your life can get back where you need it to be very soon

mama2threemonkeys March 8th, 2011 10:22 PM

Hi... I'm Becky! First off congratulations on getting the help that you need! You will get through this and will be a stronger person in the end. I was diagnosed with severe PPD after my daughter was born 19 months ago.. it was a very hard struggle and at times I thought I'd never get through it but I did and I'm here if you have any questions .. good luck and you're in my thoughts!

JessP March 19th, 2011 08:05 AM

Welcome to JM and this board. I am so sorry you are going through such a rough time but I am so glad you found the help you need. Be patient with yourself, you will find that balance again. The way is different for everyone. Sometimes its meds, sometimes its gardening, sometimes working out. Everyone has a different method. Hopefully you will find one that works for you and you can reach that happy place again.