JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Post Partum Depression (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f125-post-partum-depression/)
-   -   Kinda lost in my own mind (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f125-post-partum-depression/2281191-kinda-lost-my-own-mind.html)

MeggysMommy March 20th, 2011 08:35 PM

Kinda lost in my own mind

Some days I feel like I am doing great and my meds are helping me feel even emotioned(figured that wasn't a word but its the only one I can come up with). Then there are other days where I feel off my rocker. About 2 months ago I went to Walmart with Megan and walked in and just felt dizzy overwhelmed and about ready to faint. I had to call DH and have him pick us up because I didn't feel safe to drive. Well today I went with SIL to the craft store and instantly felt overwhelmed. There were so many people they were very pushy and I just felt like I was running into everything. It was the strangest feeling and not a good one. Since losing my job at the beginning of the month I have started quilting and selling my blankets. The last few days it has been hard to even concentrate on them or even care enough to finish one. Sorry I just really needed to vent about it. I feel even worse because I co-host Moms of Infants and TP and feel like I have been slacking on them. I don't want to step down but sometimes my drive for it is lost.

Juliebird18 March 20th, 2011 08:54 PM

Re: Kinda lost in my own mind

Sounds like you are having panic attacks. Does your doc know about them? I understand losing your drive to do things. I think it is probably best to hold on to these things as long as you can though. I don't know about you but I tend to isolate myself when I get depressed which just makes it worse.

w292737 March 21st, 2011 08:00 AM

I was going to say panic attacks as well.

I hope you can talk t your provider about this :hug:

MeggysMommy March 21st, 2011 08:25 AM

Thanks ladies! Unfortunately I don't have ins right now but my OB did call and I asked him about uping my dosage of Zoloft. I'm just afraid of taking 100mg.

w292737 March 21st, 2011 08:37 AM

how many mg are you on now? can you slowly work up to that?

LifesGood March 22nd, 2011 05:09 AM

I agree with the other ladies. And dont worry too much about the boards. Do you have a co host on TP? Just try to meet your posting requirements as much as you can and I can post more new threads on infants to help Emma keep up hun

MeggysMommy March 22nd, 2011 08:31 AM

I'm on 50mg currently I thought about taking 1 and a half pills to work up to a full 2 pills I'm just really scared about it.

w292737 March 22nd, 2011 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theonlycay (Post 23419489)
I'm on 50mg currently I thought about taking 1 and a half pills to work up to a full 2 pills I'm just really scared about it.

if it's a pill pill I would probably do that, but if it's capsule obviously you can't do that...

I'd be worried about side afffects with that big of a jump :confused:

MeggysMommy March 23rd, 2011 09:19 AM

Yeah it is just a pill pill but I remember how shakey and out of touch feeling I was just going to 50 I can't imagine 100.

LifesGood March 23rd, 2011 01:41 PM

try increasing it slower then. I am on different meds I guess and a small dose. Good luck

way2gomom March 24th, 2011 05:37 AM

When I was on Zoloft, it was bumped up by half pills. Have you been on any other meds? It does sound like you are having panic problems, and sometimes a different anti-depressant can work differently on you and help ease some of those problems. I switched to Prozac (and it's a $4 prescription) when I had PPD and it helped a lot more.

I would also recommend you go to the library and see if they have the Anxiety and Phobia workbook (here at Amazon: Amazon.com: The Anxiety & Phobia Workbook (New Harbinger Self-Help Workbook) (9781572248915): Edmund J. Bourne: Books) and/or the Beyond Anxiety and Phobia book (Amazon.com: Beyond Anxiety and Phobia: A Step-by-Step Guide to Lifetime Recovery (9781572242296): Edmund J. Bourne: Books). If you want to buy them but can only afford one, I would recommend the workbook first.

MeggysMommy March 24th, 2011 08:54 AM

Thank you Joanna for that information!