JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Preemies/NICU (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f39-preemies-nicu/)
-   -   Ugh! Preemie Diapers Leak! (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f39-preemies-nicu/1814606-ugh-preemie-diapers-leak.html)

sweet*life December 23rd, 2009 12:18 PM

Ugh! Preemie Diapers Leak!

Layne is only a week old and he's still wearing preemie diapers (Huggies) and they are still pretty big on him. They are so loose where the cord cut out is that even when I tighten them he leaks urine all over himself (and everything else around him).

I have some Pampers Swaddlers in preemie but I haven't tried them yet because I still have so many Huggies left. Are Huggies preemie just not a good brand? Anyone else have trouble with leaking?

Seattlite December 23rd, 2009 01:20 PM

Re: Ugh! Preemie Diapers Leak!

We had lots of leaks with Huggies too, they just didn't seem to fit Jim well. We stuck with the Pampers Swaddlers that they used at our NICU, since they seemed to leak less, until we switched over to cloth.

sweet*life December 23rd, 2009 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seattlite (Post 18413045)
We had lots of leaks with Huggies too, they just didn't seem to fit Jim well. We stuck with the Pampers Swaddlers that they used at our NICU, since they seemed to leak less, until we switched over to cloth.

Thanks, I guess i'll be tearing open the Pampers package and just give the Huggies to my girls to use on their dolls, lol! I pretty much have to change his outfit with every diaper change which is getting a bit ridiculous.

army_wife1008 December 23rd, 2009 01:39 PM

Yup, I swore by those Pampers, they were so nice and soft too. Travis never had a leaky diaper with those!

SarahBethsMommy December 23rd, 2009 04:28 PM

Yup, Huggies sucked. LOL. They never did fit Sarah Beth right. Even when she was bigger.

~Ivy~ December 23rd, 2009 04:58 PM

HATED Huggies preemie size!!! We constantly had pee everywhere! LOL I like the pampers a bit better, but we still had leaks here and there until he got into size 1's.

chen75 December 23rd, 2009 06:05 PM

I remember using huggies preemies on aidan when he was in the nicu too, and they did leak too. And from others that i know that had children before me, they also told me huggies brand leaks. So I had went straight to pampers.

Just_Marie December 23rd, 2009 07:28 PM

I was also a Swaddlers user:)

lhug_nar December 23rd, 2009 08:07 PM

Huggies preemie do leak... But Robbie could only use Huggies because Pampers made him have an allergic reaction. Pampers preemie are good though.

Chatterbox December 24th, 2009 02:41 AM

Our NICU used Pampers Swaddlers, so that is what we continue to use today, that is, until I can at least make the partial switch to cloth. :p

Sometimes, those little gussets aren't turned right when you get the diaper on and they won't catch anything. So, I always run my finger around the legs to make sure those are doing what they are supposed to do. We've only had poo blowouts - no leaks otherwise for us.

Seattlite December 24th, 2009 06:46 AM

Tami, if you're thinking about cloth but not quite ready to go full-on, try a diaper service. I absolutely loved ours and it was about the same price as using sposies.

princesskate December 24th, 2009 11:02 AM

I asked about Huggies preemie diapers when In a store once because i HAD SOME Huggies coupons, and apprently they do not sell very well so they dont sell them, maybe its because they leak? I used pampers, and the NICU Leoni was in used pampers too and we have never had a leakage :)

sweet*life December 26th, 2009 11:30 AM

Thanks ladies :) I switched over to Pampers Swaddlers in the preemie size and they are wonderful! I haven't had any issues with leaking at all!

VickieAnn July 2nd, 2012 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lhug_nar (Post 18416324)
Huggies preemie do leak... But Robbie could only use Huggies because Pampers made him have an allergic reaction. Pampers preemie are good though.

What was the allergic reaction to Pampers? I have a package here but my preemie is very sensitive. Also, I have tried Huggies for about a week now and havn't seen any issues, where were they leaking?

8miraclez July 3rd, 2012 12:35 AM

Those posts were from 3yrs ago so I doubt you'll get a reply.

I never had leaks unless they peed a lot. After coming home, I just bought newborn diapers and would fold the front down until they fit. I started using preemie prefolds and covers too and never had leaks.

lhug_nar July 3rd, 2012 08:47 AM

Robbie ended up with a yeast infection after he ended up with a diaper rash that the docs determined was from the diapers because it went away when we switched over to huggies. All of my kids so far haven't been able to wear anything but huggies.