JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Pregnancy After Loss Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f405-pregnancy-after-loss-playroom/)
-   -   Finally pregnant after a loss (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f405-pregnancy-after-loss-playroom/2530473-finally-pregnant-after-loss.html)

babyfever1439 May 23rd, 2012 08:55 AM

Finally pregnant after a loss

I am new to this site. So hello everyone. My name is Nicky. I'm a 34 year old woman living in Atlanta. I conceived for the very first time last year, after trying for over 3 years. I carried to 16 weeks them miscarried. That was last July. It's now May and I just found out 2 weeks ago that I am pregnant (this week will make week 8 of pregnancy) I am trying my hardest not to get too excited. I haven't told anyone, except my hubby. I had some spotting early on (very light, no tissue, and it was after intercourse so my Dr. said not too be worried)and I am petrified of having another loss. I go to my first OB appt. this coming Friday. I feel like is pregnancy goes like the last did, I will just decide not to have a child at all. It was devastating to go thru the first time. I guess I just need some calming words. Anyone have any words of wisdom for me?

Nicky

~Tanya~ May 26th, 2012 03:35 PM

Re: Finally pregnant after a loss

Hi Nicky- my name is Tanya. I have been pregnant 14 times (including this one) & have two children ages 16 & 14. My last loss was at 19 weeks 2 days - he was a healthy little boy and I named him Daniel. I have IC and just had a cerclage last week - hopefully that will aid in keeping this baby in till his/her due date, or at least close to it.

I guess that was a rather long intro, but I just wanted you to know you aren't alone. Losing a baby at any stage is hard, and it is hard to enjoy any subsequent pregnancy because knowledge that it can happen to you is always present. My advice would be to enjoy every day you have with your baby- Be happy and once you are comfortable to share your news, share it without hesitation. Take everything a day at a time & post on the main board below all you want or need to - we have all been there. I will pray this is your rainbow and can't wait to hear how the dr appt goes!

babyfever1439 June 4th, 2012 07:22 AM

Tanya,
My first Dr appt went good! Baby is measuring at 8 weeks 4 days (just as I suspected) and the heart rate was 175 bpm! Nice and strong. Fingers crossed all goes well. I was thinking about asking my Dr. for a cerclage...is it something I have to ask for or does my dr have to recommend it?

41yearsyoung June 11th, 2012 02:53 PM

Hi Ladies,
Wow Tanya, I thought I had a lot of losses!! I am so sorry. I have had 7 miscarriages in 4 years and had never heard of anyone having more that that. Well it has been a year since I have been pregnant and I am now 4 weeks 2 days. Still so early!!! I am scarred by all we can do is stay positive. All the best!!

babyfever1439 June 12th, 2012 05:41 AM

[IMG]http://i50.tinypic.com/2lmx66p.jpg[/IMG]

So far my pregnancy has been a little rough. I've had some bleeding on and off. I have a small bleed outside my uterus ( my dr says it may be caused by the stretching of my uterus and my endometriosis scar tissue. Because I am "advanced maternal age" I have to go to a perinatologist (sp?) at 16 weeks for my anatomy scan, and to see if they want to put a cerclage in place due to all the issues I've had with this pregnancy and past pregnancies. I am 10 weeks and 5 days today. I attached my sonogram pic from last weeks scan. Praying for a sticky bean!!!

Monica Stevens July 30th, 2012 11:04 AM

Hello,

I first would like to say congratulations:) I myself am going through the exact same thing. I lossed my baby boy earlier this year. I just foud out today that I am pregnant. I haven't even told my other half. After looking at the pee stick for the hundreth time I swear, I think I am going to wake up from my dream.

royal2013 September 23rd, 2013 09:49 PM

Same with me two losses at 8 weeks and two 18 weeks boys and now I'm 8 weeks its sad I can't be happy

Sweetangelmama January 9th, 2014 10:00 AM

I had a loss at 17 weeks in early 2011 & a second loss m/c october i pray for you,Nicky & all of us to be blessed with.precious little rainbows. 2011. My last period was Nov. 5th 2013 i took a hpt that came out positive 12/29/13 i haven't told anyone yet. I am trying to wait til 12 weeks....& my first drs apt.