JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/)
-   -   need a little input (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/1055356-need-little-input.html)

dee68 May 7th, 2008 02:11 PM

do we NEED :

wipe warmer
bottle/food jar warmers
sleep positioners
diaper genies

Brittanie May 7th, 2008 02:20 PM

I don't have any of those. =

Microwave is fine for warming babyfood (and bottles of formula but not breastmilk). Just make sure you do it in small increments and shake/stir to get rid of hot spots. For bm I just warmed up water to hot in the microwave and then set the bottle/storage bag in it until it was warm enough.

As long as the room isn't too cold, the wipes aren't too cold.

And I have a little trash can for wet diapers in her room, but dirty ones go in the regular trash that gets taken out often.

And are you cosleeping? I think that's what sleep positioners are for. I didn't use one because we don't cosleep.

luvmygirls May 7th, 2008 02:24 PM

wipe warmer NO!
bottle/food jar warmers NO!
sleep positioners I had one and only used it a couple times...I would say probably not.
diaper genies Most ppl say they never used theirs, but I am one of the few that did. I LOVE my genie. The refills are expensive, but I live in a small apt and one diaper in the trash would make my whole house smell, so I need the genie.

Doodle May 7th, 2008 03:08 PM

no to all.

I have a regular step can in the nursery that works way better and I clean it using Bac-Out which is an enzyme cleaner so it eats away all traces of stinkiness

tiffani76541 May 7th, 2008 03:59 PM

I have all those things, and I would say no to all of them as well!

Just_Marie May 7th, 2008 05:31 PM

wipe warmer--I hated ours, used it two days.

bottle/food jar warmers-never bought one, he was EBF then had room temp formula

sleep positioners--had one and loved, loved, loved it! I used it in the crib and pack n play-it kept him on his back for the first four months which is where I wanted him to be! Mine cost $20, I had two of them:)

diaper genies-loved it until the dipes got too big and it filled too quickly-I've since switched to a Dekor diaper garbage, much happier with it!

~*Kixs*~ May 7th, 2008 06:01 PM

all of them are a waste! Spend your money on cute clothes instead :)

Mum2three May 7th, 2008 06:06 PM

Dee, i had all that junk, and thats what it is junk. you will never use it what so ever. it will sit there and collect dust.

I wouldnt get them..thats just my 2 cents

dee68 May 7th, 2008 06:53 PM

thanks ladies so much for the input !!!!!

the ONLY item I think I may get is the sleep positioner, not for co-sleeping...but just to keep her on her back or side.
Walmart has one online for 10 bucks so thats not too bad.

thank you all again !!!!!!!