JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/)
-   -   I had a baby break through last night (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/1065065-i-had-baby-break-through-last-night.html)

~*Kixs*~ May 14th, 2008 09:26 AM

I feel like I am in group thearpy :lol: Hi! My name is Nikki and I am terrified of being pregnant!!! :lol:

I have been so gaurded this whole pregnancy that I have been very disconnect from my ever growing belly. I don't even talk to him...infact I still call him "him" "the baby" sometimes even "it" even though he is SCOTT and has had a name for months now.

Anyways! Something in me just changed last night and I found myself enjoying my baby boy. I was sitting on the couch watching TV with DH and Scott was being a busy kid and my belly was jumping and I could see him rolling around. So I just sat there and watched him. I even called DH over! I found my self smiling and laughing and even talking to Scott!

This was my first real bonding moment with my son. It was very cool. I am kinda sad that it took me 28 weeks to get to this point but I am glad I am here.

Just wanted to share with you ladies ;)

(for those of you who have posted about not feeling connect with your baby yet...learn from me...it will happen in its own time)

dee68 May 14th, 2008 09:30 AM

That is wonderful !!!!!
I am so happy you felt it was time to " EXHALE " alittle bit! Its a great feeling isn't it ???

ENJOY your little boy !!

~HUGS~

Mum2three May 14th, 2008 09:45 AM

Thats awesome news!!! It took me a while to get into this pregnancy! but i finally over came it!!

Its a great feeling to know that your little man is in there moving and shaken!!!

luvmygirls May 14th, 2008 10:41 AM

Awww that is such great news!! It is so hard not to be guarded after having a loss....this pg has be so scary for me, even tho I'm not having any problems, so I know what you mean! But I'm so glad you are finally enjoying your little boy!

kalis May 14th, 2008 12:15 PM

i am soooooo happy for you!
keep enjoying!
- maybe you can get out there and but Scott some stuff now.......

Eleysia May 14th, 2008 12:26 PM

Awe :wub: Glad you and Scott finally got your connection going. Now enjoy, he will be here sooner than you know :smile:

Brittanie May 14th, 2008 02:36 PM

It took me a while to really feel connected to Erin, too. And it came and went, as well. So don't be sad if you start feeling guarded again.

:dothug: I'm glad you got to have that moment!

~*Kixs*~ May 14th, 2008 03:00 PM

Thanks girls :inlove: I feel like a better mom today!

Quote:

- maybe you can get out there and but Scott some stuff now.......[/b]

I know :blush: We are going to start our register this weekend...finally! I can't remember if I posted this here or on our DDC but Kaylie is seriously worried that Scott will have to come home from the hospital naked b/c I have not bought him any clothes yet :o Ahhh...the mind of a 3 year old :lol:

Honestly I am going to buy him something soon. It is just with transitioning Kaylie to her big girl room I have no where to put any stuff for Scott yet. We don't have a dresser for Kaylie (it is in the garage as a spider condo right now) so all her clothes are still in the changing table dresser in the baby room.

I need to get my booty in gear! (see that is funny b/c we are doing Scotts room in pirates! Get it...booty! Ok I am done :lol:)

heatherrose415 May 14th, 2008 03:04 PM

awww, I am so glad you are able to bond now :) yay!!

and you better get to work girl, he is going to be here before you know it LOL

tiffani76541 May 14th, 2008 03:07 PM

I'm happy for you Nikki, keep enjoying it!!!!I love pirates!That's how I want to do Austin's room too!

keekopeeko May 14th, 2008 05:13 PM

Awww yay! im so glad that moment finally came for you.. :) I understand about being guarded... it took me until about last week to really start getting excited about this...

~Em

~*Kixs*~ May 14th, 2008 06:53 PM

Quote:

I'm happy for you Nikki, keep enjoying it!!!!I love pirates!That's how I want to do Austin's room too![/b]

I got the baby bedding at Babies R Us and it is super cute! But Target also has Pirate stuff right now for a toddler room! Did not know which way you were thinking of going since little Austin is turning into BIG Austin!

NewportMamaBear May 14th, 2008 09:19 PM

I'm so glad that you got to have that breakthrough :)

hopenot4gotten May 14th, 2008 11:26 PM

Hahahaha your pirate booty jokes!

I am glad to hear that you are bonding with him! I still have that problem...and I just yesterday bought a stroller/carseat combo and a swing-huge step and the only things I have bought other than diapers.

Can't wait to see what you get on your shopping trip!

Hugs!
Stace

Sabina May 15th, 2008 07:50 AM

I am so happy to read your post. I am glad you are connecting to him but even more happy to see you relaxed and enjoying your pg.