JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/)
-   -   Just got my doppler (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/1080702-just-got-my-doppler.html)

victorialv May 24th, 2008 09:46 PM

Hi Ladies, I know I am a little early in trying to hear the heartbeat, but I saw a gal in the Dec DDC who was able to find her baby's hb at 10 weeks. Which is basically where I am at now.

So, anyway, my question is where is the best place to be putting the doppler? I figured right over my pubic bone, but would love any insight/tips you might have.

victorialv May 24th, 2008 11:41 PM

op, nevermind. Saw some tips online and used 'em and guess what?! I found the hb!! :bluecheer: :cheer: So excited!! My DH freaked me out a little saying he thought it sounded slow. :unsure: But, we are not trained in determining heartbeat rates, so I have decided that I am not even going to worry about it.

Just happy to know the little one is still plugging along! :wub:

Sabina May 25th, 2008 09:07 AM

Oh how exciting! :bluecheer:

victorialv May 25th, 2008 02:43 PM

Thanks Sabina!

*Pamela* May 26th, 2008 10:11 AM

That's so wonderful!!! and I'm happy all is well with you. Can't believe you're already at 10 weeks!

heatherrose415 May 26th, 2008 10:22 AM

WOOHOO!! I am sooo glad you found it!! CONGRATS!!

hopenot4gotten May 26th, 2008 10:55 PM

You are so early to even HEAR a HB!! Dont worry about the BPM...Could it have been yours too? You were so early and they can those little babes can take a little bit to beat faster anyhow....

No worrying...it's not good for baby...and everything is FINE...I tell ya...listen to me! LOL!

I know the freaking out all too well, though! Hang in there!!! And when you go to the doc and they tell you everything is fine....AGAIN...I won't say I told you so.....LOL!

You sound soooo much like me!!!!

HUGS!

*Bobbie* May 27th, 2008 06:07 AM

Victoria,

Sorry I was away for the weekend or I would have answered sooner ;)

I heard the HB with a baby beat doppler(3mhz) at 7 weeks. Just remember to NOT freak if you can't find it for at least 30 minutes. My REAL advice is don't use it if you don't have lots of time to search if you can't find it. Sometimes I would try before work and not be able to find it and then stress all day thinking my baby was gone.

Heather has one too, so I am sure she can give advice also.

Isn't it the most amazing sound?? :wub:

keekopeeko May 27th, 2008 11:27 AM

Oh good i am so glad you found it.. :) I loved my doppler... The first time i heard the HB i was 10w and 2d.. :) and it really DOES take forever to find the HB until you are about 12 weeks.. then it starts getting easier.. and if you cant even find it.. Just wait another half hour.. go do something and come back to it...

I got really good at finding my OWN heart beat those first couple of weeks... :) but you can always tell your own by feeling your pulse in your neck and then you know if youve found yours or the babies...

~Em

victorialv May 29th, 2008 02:23 PM

It WAS my heartbeat!!! WHAT?! How the heck do you hear your own hb down there?! I didn't even know it was possible! LOL!!!

I really hadn't given it much thought since I really wasn't experienced in knowing a fast hb from a slow one, and just figured everything was fine bc I was still hearing it day after day(not realizing it was possible that it was my own hb).

BUT, after some thought today(after reading your replies again), I decided to take Em's advice and see if what I heard was my own hb, and low and behold, it was!! Then, of course, I spent the next 10 minutes or so searching for baby's hb. It was not easy to find, but it was unmistakeable when I found it. It is SOO much faster!! I was soo excited to hear it and KNOW that it was my baby's hb. And, yes, Bobbie, that is the most amazing sound!! :inlove:

I made sure to make some marks on my belly so I know where to put the doppler next time....lol.... :rolleyes:

Welp, thanks again ladies!!

hopenot4gotten May 30th, 2008 11:56 PM

Hee hee hee! Im so glad you are not worried baby's hb was slower anymore...it's just yours!!! Silly girl! The placenta makes a 'swoosh' sound and baby sounds more like a horse galloping....

Danielley08 May 31st, 2008 12:39 PM

I'm glad that you found the right h/b! :wub: beautiful sound!!

Do you mind me asking where you got your doppler?

heatherrose415 May 31st, 2008 06:09 PM

I am so glad you found the babies heartbeat, its definitely MUCH faster than ours!!! Its such a beautiful sound. I have a doppler that I bought, I love it on days when Corbin isnt moving much. :wub: