JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/)
-   -   had mc in Sept. just found our we are preg. (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/111477-had-mc-sept-just-found-our-we-preg.html)

ocmorrishome November 30th, 2005 12:09 PM

hello
I just found out yesterday that I am about 5 weeks pregnant. I had a miscarriage in Sept. (8 weeks into pregnancy). My husband and I have decided not to tell anyone untill at least New Years. We had two miscarriages and we felt that it was harder on us when we told just about everyone before we miscarried. I am very excited and scared all at the same time. An very tiried on top of all this for some reason I am very moody I have never been sooooo moody with any of my pregnancies.
I am glad I came across this board... Does this count for telling anyone.... =0)
Ok we are not telling any of our family members. An our old friends. I can say your my new friends so it's ok. =0)

Olivia

Ukmum November 30th, 2005 12:13 PM

Welcome and congratulations on your pregnancy. I know what you mean about not telling anyone. I had 3 miscarriages in a row and i lost the last one at 8wks so when i was pregnant again we decided not to tell anyone till i was 12wks.

Babydoll December 1st, 2005 09:00 AM

Congratulations and welcome! I actually felt a little differently this time around. Last time we waited to tell our parents and this time we just kind of figured, that either way, we would tell them. So we wanted to give them as much time to be happy about it as possible. Everyone is different, I just know that if I did MC again, I would want the support of my family.

singlecrochet December 1st, 2005 10:40 AM

I MC twice last year and am 4w 3d today with our third try since my dauther (9y). We told her both times last year and now we are waiting to tell her to hopefully spare her the pain of a third loss if that should happen again. On the other hand I HATE having to avoid talking about it altogether until she is in bed and asleep. I'm not good at "watching what I say" and I can't wait to tell her at SOME point. She has wanted a little brother or sister for SOOOO long now. It pains me to watch her wait. (I went through the same thing as a child and did not get my little sister until I was almost 12! I totally empathize with my little girl. She will be such a FANTASTIC big sister!)

Mickey3 December 1st, 2005 12:41 PM

Congrats!
I'm 4 weeks today, and we aren't telling anyone until we are sure that everything is okay. Ideally I'll have an u/s before Christmas to make sure that everything is okay and then we will tell everyone then, but if not, we will just wait until the second trimester. I don't want to put my kids or family through another loss.

Mommy2Aiden December 9th, 2005 08:35 AM

Congrats on the pg. I m/c in July of 04 and I am 11 wks pg now and I am still freaking out. You just have to take it one day at a time. :dust: to you!!

Natural Blessings December 9th, 2005 03:26 PM

After my first 2 mc's we stopped telling people. I was 17weeks with my 2nd child when we told my parents and 23 when dh told his parents. With the next one I was 24weeks when we told my parents and 27when dh told his parents & family. We don't live near our parents, but his family lives 15minutes from us. We were at his brothers when I was 24weeks and they didn't know.

We found it harder on us to tell people about the losses after they happened.