JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/)
-   -   Is your doctor treating you (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/115548-your-doctor-treating-you.html)

Isaeph December 8th, 2005 04:40 PM

I've had 3 "undocumented" miscarriages this year, so I think they're just kind of blowing me off. I called because I want to get a beta done to make sure my numbers are doubling and to make sure my progesterone is right, but the stupid nurse just blew me off, saying they do all that at the 6 week appointment. Um...I told her that my m/c's were at 5w3d, and two of them at 4w4d, so if something was wrong, I probably wouldn't make it to 6 weeks. She was unrelenting though, so I just made my appointment. I talked to a friend online that said they should be treating me as high risk because of the previous m/c's and she said to call back and demand a beta. I called back and left a message. A nurse called me back and actually understood and said she'd talk to the doctor in the morning and call me back. Well, another nurse called me in the morning, and I told her my story, and she said she'd have a lab slip waiting up front for me. So I went in a few hours later and asked for my slip. They said they weren't going to give me one! What the heck? They said they'd change my appointment to 4w6d from 6w6d. I told them though that if I am going to m/c, it'll happen before then, and then we'll never know why. I wanted to crawl over the desk and yell at them! I almost broke down crying. The nurse went back and talked to the doctor and came back like 2 minutes later with my slip.

What has your experience been being pg after early m/c's?

soontobemommyto3 December 10th, 2005 10:55 AM

I'd get a new DR. Maybe an RE who will do some testing and find out what is going on. They should take 3 m/c seriously.

I was going to be high risk this time, but my DR changed me to moderate risk since my blood work for blood clotting disorders came out ok. I think it is more of a high concern for me, not a high risk. I don't usually have an appt at 6 weeks, but I am this time (I usually don't go in until 8 weeks).

JennL December 12th, 2005 08:28 AM

I had two first trimester miscarriages, and was originally considered high risk with this one, but was moved back after the first trimester to the normal OB. The only reason why I was considered high risk to begin with was due to the m/c's being back to back, being 33 years old, and not having had a successful pregnancy yet. I was tested for all of the normal problems, and everything came back normal.

If you feel that your doc. is blowing you off - definitely search for a new doc. Maybe get some recommendations from friends, and talk to the doc's office first to see how they would handle someone who has a history of m/c's. You should never be made to feel like your concerns aren't being listened to or validated.

Elle 7 December 12th, 2005 12:45 PM

I echo what Jenn said...find a doctor that will take your concerns seriously. I m/s in October and became pregnant before my next cyle. When I called my doctor and told her I had bfp she asked me to come in that day to check the hcg and continued with follow up testing to be sure the pregnancy was progressing. She also scheduled me for an ultrasound early than the norm. My ultrasound is Wed. I pray my little bean is strong and healthy.

Michelle