JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/)
-   -   Back from ultrasound (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/1177004-back-ultrasound.html)

hopesNdreams August 3rd, 2008 09:47 AM

Hello i am new to this board..My name is Laurie and I am 32 wife to luis.. I have 2 DD's Ava (4) Zoey(2).. I am pregnant with my third girl due in dec...I had 2 miscarriages one right before this one...The first one was early on. The second one i was 15 weeks and 5 days when i heard the baby's heartbeat..I went back one week later and the baby had passed..This pregnancy has been very scary for me..But thank God so far everthing is okay.. I had a U/S the other day and they said that my fluid was slightly low..( i know i don't drink enough water though) But they also found a left ventricular cardiac foci..Which the tech said is common that she sees several in a week..But it is somekind of marker for down syndrome and i have to go have a U?S at the hospital on Tuesday..My doctore told me that they are very common and most often are nothing but they have to check and of course i am a mess...Anyone here of this?? Sorry this was so long.
Today
Well I am back and they said that my fluid looks great..They said that everything looks fine..With the foci there is still a very low like 1 out of 1000 something that the baby could have down syndrome..But he said i shouldn't worry cause everything looks good..The only way to tell for sure is amnio but i don't want that so i am just gonna have faith, that everything is ok..He said he sees them all the time and 99% of the baby turn out healthy..Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers..Your all great..Pics she was impossibe to get a good pic, she was in a ball almost the whole time..but we got a few.

http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/g...babygirl-2.jpg

http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/g...incess-1-1.jpg

MrsPoe August 3rd, 2008 11:24 AM

I am sorry this pregnancy has been so stressful. I can relate to some degree. I have heard of this before but I don't know too much about it other than like you said it is fairly common and usually corrects itself. I hope that the next u/s will be able to put your mind at ease..well as much as it can.

Oh and about the low fluid. Drink plenty of water and try to stay in bed with your feet up as much as possible. And if your not a big water drinker, you can also try eating more fruit...it has water in it. Watermelon is a good source and low in calories too.

Sorry I couldn't help very much, but some of the girls on high risk might know more about it too so you might want to post there also. I hope you get some good answers.

heatherrose415 August 3rd, 2008 01:52 PM

CONGRATULATIONS on your pregnancy :) and welcome to the group!!!

I have heard of what you are talking about, there were quite a few ppl in my DDC with it I believe, and it corrected with all of them. but thats about all I know.

I hope your u/s on tuesday brings good news!!! KUP!

hopesNdreams August 3rd, 2008 04:39 PM

Thank you so much.. I go on Tuesday and i am just trying to stay positive untill then..

woohoo502 August 3rd, 2008 06:06 PM

Welcome! I hope you get good news on Tuesday!!!

hopesNdreams August 3rd, 2008 10:44 PM

thanks

mom 2 haley & tyler August 4th, 2008 05:08 AM

Welcome and I also hope you get positive news on Tuesday. Please KUP

hopesNdreams August 4th, 2008 07:19 AM

I will def let everyone know how it goes..Tommorow morning

kalis August 4th, 2008 07:27 AM

hope it goes well tomorrow

*Judy* August 4th, 2008 09:55 AM

I don't really know anything about it but I just wanted to wish you good luck Tuesday and please post a pic when you get home so we can see your bean!

Pitridge August 4th, 2008 10:17 AM

I also don't know anything baout it, but I wanted to wish you good luck on Tuesday. Let us know how it went.
Oh and welcome!

hopesNdreams August 4th, 2008 03:42 PM

Thank you so much i just love JM..It really keeps me sane..I go tommorow morning and just hoping that all is well..Patty your Maya is a cutie..what kind of dog is that?

hopesNdreams August 5th, 2008 10:33 AM

i updated on top..

mom 2 haley & tyler August 5th, 2008 10:56 AM

I'm so glad everything is looking good. KUP

Ben,Logan&Kaitlin'sMommy August 5th, 2008 11:09 AM

Congratulations on your pregnancy :)

victorialv August 5th, 2008 11:57 AM

Hi there, you are in my DDC! Great to see you over here too! I love your 3D pics; your little girl is beautiful already and I am so glad that everything is alright!

heatherrose415 August 5th, 2008 12:03 PM

awwww what a cutie!!! I am glad everything is okay, I am sure this baby will be perfectly healthy :D

mrschamberlain August 5th, 2008 02:11 PM

I'm glad everything looked good. And you got some really great pictures!

hopesNdreams August 5th, 2008 07:01 PM

Thank you all so much