JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/)
-   -   pregnant with # 3 (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/117737-pregnant-3-a.html)

April25 December 13th, 2005 05:38 PM

I am 5 weeks pregnant and I am soo scared. I had a blighted ovum in July, and I am scared to have the same thing again. I go Thursday for an u/s and I know that Iprobally will not get to see the h/b, but I am hoping anyway to see the hb. Has anyone here had a blighted ovum, then had a sucussful pregnancy. Please send me some sticky dust. Thanks in advance.

JennL December 13th, 2005 07:04 PM

Here's some sticky dust! :dust:

My first m/c was a blighted ovum, and I was told at that time that my chances of having another blighted ovum were not increased at all. The doc said that blighted ovum's were considered unfortunate flukes, and that my chances at that time of having a normal pregnancy were the same as everyone else's. I did alot of reading about it, and pretty much found the same conclusions. I did have another m/c, but after having it tested we found that there was a chromosomal abnormality, not another blighted ovum - so two completely different reasons for miscarrying.

I haven't exactly completed this pregnancy yet - almost into my third trimester - but so far so good! Things have gone really smoothly so far and without complication, so keeping our fingers crossed.

I wish you the best of luck on Thursday!! It's possible that you might get lucky enough to see the heartbeat that early, but please don't be discouraged if they tell you that it's too early. Please let us know how it goes! :)

babetwo December 14th, 2005 10:49 AM

Congratulations to you. I hope you have a healthy and happy pg.

I have one child who is almost 4. This november I had a m/c due to blighted ovum. It was shocking of course, especially since the last time with DD I had no trouble at all. I was told that blighted ovums normally occur randomly. I think you should be fine. Good luck!

April25 December 14th, 2005 09:22 PM

Thanks!!! I don't know what I would do without all of you ladies. :dothug:

soontobemommyto3 December 15th, 2005 12:01 PM

Hey April, you are in my DDC. I lost my baby at 20 weeks last August and am very scared as well. Hopefully we can help eachother make it through this stressful 9 months!

April25 December 18th, 2005 10:10 AM

Quote:

Hey April, you are in my DDC. I lost my baby at 20 weeks last August and am very scared as well. Hopefully we can help eachother make it through this stressful 9 months![/b]

Yes,, We can help each other get through these stressful 9 months. Good Luck to us both. God, Please be watching over us all!!! :wub:

hopin4a4rth December 20th, 2005 07:06 AM

My mom's 6th pregnancy was a blighted ovum... she got pregnant again 6 mos later and had my baby sister (who is 9 this year!)

I hope that the same happens for you!