JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/)
-   -   my grandmother passed away today. (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/1183197-my-grandmother-passed-away-today.html)

Mum2three August 7th, 2008 12:46 PM

I just got a call from my mom telling me my grandmother passed away in her sleep today. :confused: Im heading out the door as we speak. im crushed and hurt like no tomorrow. I got a hold of Dwayne hes on his way home, i cant drive right now. the tears are flowing. We have to get my mom to, as my dad is outta town. My grandmother was suffering from thyroid cancer. She only meet Makenna once, and thats killing me inside, im beating myself up over that, i feel like a bad granddaughter! im not sure when i will be back, i hope my grandfather is ok. they have been married for 50+ years. :inlove: My grandparents raised me from birth till i was 4. my parents were in a bad scene. they have always been my everything. im heart broken i dont know what to think.

Bobbie, im glad u made it to the doctors, n you get to see bubba! Love ya girl! make sure you take care of yourself..

Kalis, u hope Thea is doing good, you are in my thoughts n prayers! God bless you beautiful bundle.

Dee, i hope everything goes great at you appointment. i hope Katie is growing!!

For all you girls, keep the babies safe...give in to those cravings. Rub those bellies and know you are truly blessed.

Love ya all!!

Heres a picture of my grandma with Makenna, i didnt take the pic my mother did, and my grandma has a funny face..LOL

http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s...na/grandma.jpg

*becky* August 7th, 2008 12:50 PM

Oh I'm so sorry hon. It sounds like she passed away fairly peacefully.

I will send up some prayers. Take care of yourself and your family. :dothug:

Eleysia August 7th, 2008 12:55 PM

Brandy,

Im so sorry for you and your family's loss. If you need anything please know you have a ton of women praying for you, and also supporting you. Youre so strong, and it is ok to feel things, you know this. We love you, Ill keep you and your family in my prayers.

:dothug:

mom 2 haley & tyler August 7th, 2008 01:03 PM

I'm so sorry Brandy! You and your family are in my t&p. Please take care of yourself and know that we all love you very much!

greenchild August 7th, 2008 01:08 PM

Brandi I am so sorry. My T&P's are with you & your family.

Wee3monkeys August 7th, 2008 01:42 PM

Oh, Brandy!! I'm so sorry for you and your family's loss!! You all will be in my thoughts and prayers!

*Bobbie* August 7th, 2008 02:33 PM

Brandy.... :cry:

I am sorry hon :(

If you need me... just call.

I think it's a blessing she got to meet Makenna. I am sure that was one of the most special days in her life. She looks so proud and happy in that pic. Try to remember that and not worry about her only meeting her once. Once is all it takes to form a bond with a person. I am sure she loved Makenna as much as if she knew her for years. Cherish that memory. I am sure your Grandma did. ;)

Lots of

:dothug: to you all of you.

Danielley08 August 7th, 2008 02:36 PM

OH Brandy :cry: I'm sooo sorry for your loss...I too lost my grandma to cancer (cervical-stage 4)...she passed away the day after Keegan was born and I felt guilty for a long time because she never got to see him...just remember that now where she is she will get to see beautiful little Makenna everyday and give her sweet kisses every night before bed...

Once again...I'm so sorry for your loss and you and your family in are my thoughts and prayers...

Brittanie August 7th, 2008 02:52 PM

Oh honey, I'm so sorry. Please know my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. :dothug:

woohoo502 August 7th, 2008 03:09 PM

I'm so sorry Brandy! Your family is in my thoughts and prayers.

NeeshBoogie August 7th, 2008 03:15 PM

I'm very sorry for your loss Brandi, and right now my heart is breaking for you. I was raised by my great-grandmother, and I know the pain I felt when she passed a while back. I'll keep you and your family in my t&p, and if you need an ear mine is always free.

*Judy* August 7th, 2008 05:29 PM

I am so sorry Brandy!!! It is so tough to lose a loved one. You will be in my thoughs!

dee68 August 7th, 2008 09:07 PM

I am so very sorry sweetie!
Please know that you and your family are in my thoughts. If you need anything,please dont hesitate to let me know.
take all the time you need hon, we will be here for you !
:dothug: :dothug: :dothug: :dothug: :dothug:

..Jessica.. August 7th, 2008 10:28 PM

Brandy,

I'm sitting here with tears flowing. I can't believe your Nan is gone, and I don't even know her. When my Nan passed in July 2005 it beat me up like no tomorrow. I want her back SO bad.

I'm glad Makenna met her great-grandmother! That's wonderful, and amazing, and truly a blessing.

I'm glad you have a photo of them together.

I'm so sorry Brandy, just so sorry.

:cry:

*Pamela* August 8th, 2008 12:32 AM

Brandy, my deepest sympathies. I'm so sorry for your loss. I love the picture of your gram with Mekenna, she looks so happy and as Bobbie said, cherish that moment forever. You're not a bad grandaughter, you just had a baby with cs and 2 little boys to take care of. It's not easy at the beginning.

I just lost my grandfather this week and I can't afford to go home. My entire family is together this week and my mom is heartbroken and lives by herself. So it's been very hard to sit here knowing she needs me there. He had cancer too but none of us knew until about 2 weeks ago.

Your gram is a beautiful lady and that is one special picture.

You and your family are in my heart and prayers

heatherrose415 August 8th, 2008 08:11 AM

:cry: I am sooooooo sorry Brandy.

Yes, exactly as bobbie said, Makenna is so lucky to have met her great grandma!!! she will treasure that picture forever, please do not beat yourself up.

If you need to talk or anything we are all here for you!!! ((HUGS))

MrsPoe August 8th, 2008 09:02 AM

Brandy,

I am so sorry. I will be thinking of you and your family in this hard time.

Maybe your grandma waited around to meet Makenna and then she went to be with William and Lexi now and will tell them how beautiful she is. *Not trying to push any beliefs off on you, just a different way to look at it* And like bobbie said meeting someone once is all it takes and I am sure she loved Makenna before she even met her. She sounds like a wonderful grandma. I am so sorry she isn't still here.

If you need anything we are here for you!

Sabina August 8th, 2008 09:30 AM

:dothug: :dothug:

victorialv August 9th, 2008 11:14 AM

I am so sorry Brandy, my thoughts are with you and your family.

NewportMamaBear August 9th, 2008 06:23 PM

*hugs* Brandy, my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.