JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/)
-   -   How is your dh / so handling your pregnancy ? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/1225808-how-your-dh-so-handling-your-pregnancy.html)

dee68 September 8th, 2008 05:52 AM

is he happy, nervous, helpful or being a "man"....lol

*Judy* September 8th, 2008 08:48 AM

He is sooooo stinkin' excited and I'm soooo stinkin' scared...Just the thought of changing our family dynamics has me freakin' out and he is cool as a cucumber! Sometimes it drives me crazy!!! LOL

Pitridge September 8th, 2008 08:50 AM

Being a man....I think this will change once we know the sex of the baby.

mom 2 haley & tyler September 8th, 2008 09:20 AM

He's just being a man.

*Bobbie* September 8th, 2008 12:53 PM

Mine goes from being excited...to just being a man. :closedeyes:

He did shock me the other day and said something about have one more after this. He has always said no way. I have always said one more after this cause I don't want this baby to be an *only child*. Amanda will start college when this one goes to kindergarten and she is the youngest.

Every now and then he catches me off guard when he wants to keep his hands on my belly. I woke up the other day to his hand resting there. Those moments make it 100% worth his *being a man*

mistiedawn September 8th, 2008 01:56 PM

mine is just now even acknowledgeing it.......what category should THAT go in? can i make a bad word category? :rolleyes:
oh well, im selfish enough to not get upset about it. i love having it allllll to myself.

greenchild September 8th, 2008 02:38 PM

Dh is pretty calm about it all, but he is totally helpful. won't let me do anything! :lol: which is nice with the restrictions but I get frustrated not being able to do stuff myself.

ChattyAshley September 8th, 2008 08:49 PM

Occasionally he has his totally cute "daddy moments" where he'll grab my belly and talk to the baby.
But other than that, he's just calm. I asked him why he doesn't seem "excited" and he says he is really excited but even with my growing belly and u/s that says its a boy and all this evidence that it's still hard to believe this is all really REAL. I can understand that, I feel that same way a lot!!

angelmomjen September 8th, 2008 09:17 PM

At first Dustin was super excited and then really worried all the time with the numerous bleeding spells..then things got normal and he started "being a man" All the sudden things werent normal for us anymore and he was again super excited and worried. Now that it is so close he talks about "his boy" and he has been spending alot of time preping for the baby since Im not able, making it so real for him. Im pretty poked out there now and he is loving my prego belly lol.

*Pamela* September 9th, 2008 12:50 AM

Mick is mostly calm but very happy. He can be the typical MAN but for the most part is very helpful and won't let me do anything for fear of losing another baby.

He loves talking to the baby although she goes quiet as soon as he is near. He may get a quick glimpse of her kicking or moving each night but if he moves toward me she stops....to funny, how does she know?

Brittanie September 9th, 2008 12:06 PM

Matt's still fairly calm about it. With him being gone for the worst part of the sickness, he doesn't really feel like I am pregnant. LOL, neither do I. But every once and a while he pats and rubs my belly which shows me he *is* excited, but he just doesn't get attached very early.

jademyst13 September 9th, 2008 01:43 PM

Mine is being helpful and he is super excited. At first he was getting aggravated that I was so tired all the time, but he is doing good now. Now if I could just get him to work on stuff that has to be done around the house before they get here...

Nykoal September 9th, 2008 07:33 PM

DH is starting to get get excited in his own way. Since we were both in shock for a week or so, it took a while to sink in. Now he's talking about the baby and actually touched my belly the other night. He actually went out tonight for a craving and I didn't even have to ask. He's never done that before...even when I was pg with Makenna!