JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/)
-   -   Vaginal Infection!!??!??!?!? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/1233469-vaginal-infection.html)

~DaemonMykailasMum~ September 12th, 2008 03:17 PM

AHH So... I woke up early this morning to spotting! I FREAKED OUT! As this is how it started with my subchrionic hemmorhage with the baby I lost in May.. It started as spotting for almst 2 days, and then gushing blood... So.. anyway, I freaked right out! Went to ER, They did an internal and said there was no blood coming THRU my cervix (here comes the TMI) But my cervix was very red, inflamed, and had discharge on and around it.. which indicates an infection!??!?! I have NEVER in my life had a vaginal infection... I was perscribed a antibacterial cream to apply every night before bed for 7 nights... Has any one had this during pregnancy???? Did everything turn out okay?!?!?!

jademyst13 September 12th, 2008 04:34 PM

I just had an infection too, not sure if it was the same kind. I know that with pregnancy infections can be more common than normal. The fact that they caught it and it's being treated is a good thing, I have heard that infections left untreated can cause problems (such at PTL).

angelmomjen September 12th, 2008 05:38 PM

I had an infection bacterial vaganosis (hate that word) when I was 8 weeks pregnant there were no signs or symptoms for me. Doctor said the hormonal changes in your body causes your vaginal PH to be thrown off resulting in easy infections. Eat some yogurt daily. Yes BV can cause preterm labor, if left untreated..so Im so glad you caught it! I only had it that once and treated and it never returned. Im sure everything will clear up soon!

~DaemonMykailasMum~ September 12th, 2008 05:47 PM

Quote:

I had an infection bacterial vaganosis (hate that word) when I was 8 weeks pregnant there were no signs or symptoms for me. Doctor said the hormonal changes in your body causes your vaginal PH to be thrown off resulting in easy infections. Eat some yogurt daily. Yes BV can cause preterm labor, if left untreated..so Im so glad you caught it! I only had it that once and treated and it never returned. Im sure everything will clear up soon![/b]
Did it cause any spotting? I think thats what I have.. They basically told me it was a bacterial vaginal infection, and gperscribed me a antibacterial cream to put up near my cervix every night before bed for 7 nights.. Does this sound like what you had?

angelmomjen September 12th, 2008 08:58 PM

I did not have any symptoms or spotting. I went in for my first visit and they did a PAP smear and found it. Said the symptoms were odor and weird discharge..I had neither so I dont know. I actually had a antibotic pill but I read that it was not proven to be completly safe, so that may be why you were given the cream. I did have to take the pill for 7 days.

~DaemonMykailasMum~ September 13th, 2008 09:54 AM

Oh I hope I will be okay! I had really creamy, pink tinged discharge... there was lots of it.. (Discharge) then yesterday evening, (I had the spotting in the morning) it was like a Bright Yellow! :unsure: I then firgured it MUST be an infection! I sure hope i dont lose this baby.. I will be SO devasted...

jademyst13 September 13th, 2008 10:17 AM

I'm sure you will be fine. I was offered antibiotics or a one time insert. The insert was easy but cost 50 bucks with insurance! I hadn't know that I had an infection either, and it was that bacterial vaginois (sp) and yeah I hate how that sounds!