JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/)
-   -   Question about plug and water breakage (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/1247966-question-about-plug-and-water-breakage.html)

Madison.Hailey.Zack September 23rd, 2008 11:38 AM

Can your water break without lossing your plug? It hasnt happened to me but I was just thinking about it today and thought I would ask. Thankx so much.

Eleysia September 23rd, 2008 11:58 AM

Im really not sure Ang. My water never broke on its own, they did it at the hospital for me. I did lose my plug tho.. that was an odd thing lol.

Brittanie September 23rd, 2008 11:58 AM

I'm not sure. It seems counter-intuitive though. Maybe you don't have to lose it beforehand, but it should come out when your water breaks.....

But I don't know for sure.

Wee3monkeys September 23rd, 2008 12:13 PM

I never saw my plug, so I don't know when I lost it. But I DO know when my water broke, just like one of those big gushes in the movies. I can't tell you about a slow leak, but you'll definitely know when it "breaks." It was hands-down the yuckiest thing about going into labor for me, it's the thing I remember the most. :lol:

Brittanie September 23rd, 2008 12:24 PM

You can lose your plug in pieces, so it's possible that you wouldn't ever notice among all the other discharge and stuff you have at that point.

and if you haven't lost your plug when your water breaks, I'm sure the gush of fluid would push it out.

I agree though, it is really gross when your water breaks. I always had mine broken for me during labor, but I definitely felt grosser afterwards.

tracybeers September 23rd, 2008 12:43 PM

with my ds, i lost my plug a few days before i actually had him, water broke when i was pushing.

with dd, i never saw my plug, but my water broke at my moms house.

with one of my losses, my water broke at 14 weeks....never saw a plug, delivered at 16 weeks.

Wee3monkeys September 23rd, 2008 12:43 PM

Quote:

I agree though, it is really gross when your water breaks. I always had mine broken for me during labor, but I definitely felt grosser afterwards.[/b]
I had nightmares about my water breaking in the middle of the grocery store or Target. :lol: Luckily, I got up to go to the bathroom one morning, and it broke as I sat down on the toilet. I was SOOOO relieved!!! :lol: I didn't go to the hospital right away though, I did stuff around the house while I waited for SO to come home from work. There's this continued "gushing" feeling, like you are continuously wetting yourself after almost every movement, I don't even know how many pads I used that morning. :lol:

Did anybody else have a slow leak? I'm interested to hear how that feels.

Brittanie September 23rd, 2008 12:50 PM

Quote:

Quote:

I agree though, it is really gross when your water breaks. I always had mine broken for me during labor, but I definitely felt grosser afterwards.[/b]
I had nightmares about my water breaking in the middle of the grocery store or Target. :lol: Luckily, I got up to go to the bathroom one morning, and it broke as I sat down on the toilet. I was SOOOO relieved!!! :lol: I didn't go to the hospital right away though, I did stuff around the house while I waited for SO to come home from work. There's this continued "gushing" feeling, like you are continuously wetting yourself after almost every movement, I don't even know how many pads I used that morning. :lol:

Did anybody else have a slow leak? I'm interested to hear how that feels.
[/b]

One of my nurses said that that was very normal. She said "Oh, you'll continue to leak fluid until you're completely done with the whole thing."

My best friend had a slow leak. She said it was like when she was on her period. Sort of a constant wet with little gushes. Probably the same as after the initial gush when it breaks.

Eleysia September 23rd, 2008 01:18 PM

:lol: really yall thought it was gross? once again,.... im always on that other side of the fence lol. Maybe because it was the final thing for me when they broke my water but i was sooooo excited. It just felt like a warm gush, i thought it was cool :blush: