JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/)
-   -   Hi There (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/1251364-hi-there.html)

IAMommy September 25th, 2008 04:36 PM

Hi! My Name is Sam, DH is Travis. We just got our BFP this last Sunday. Honestly, it feels surreal to me. I have been hoping, and planning, but now that it is here, I am happy, and pretty scared. I haven't told anyone except DH and my BFF and my JM friends.

I had a loss this last April due to TRAP Sequence. I was pg with twins, but one twin had a neural tube defect. The healthy twin and his brother were connected through their umbilical cords though. The healthy Twin's heart pumped blood for both babies, even though the other twin wasn't viable, so both twins kept growing. We were scheduled for prenatal surgery the week of April 29th to disconnect the cords, but we ended up losing both babies a couple days prior to that and we delivered Isaac and Avery on April 29th instead. I will always love my little ones.

Since we had a neural tube defect, we are now on high alert with our DR. We should be getting an u/s around 6-8 weeks, so I am very excited, and nervous about that.

I hope to get to know everyone here - You were all an inspiration to me while I was TTC.

*Pamela* September 25th, 2008 04:40 PM

I'm so sorry about your loses.

Of course you are welcome here, the more the merrier I always say. I'm glad your docs are gearing up and keeping tabs on you too.

Congrats on your bfp and hope to get to know you too. The ladies here are fabulous and so supportive.

Welcome

*Judy* September 25th, 2008 04:41 PM

Welcome Sam!!!! I am so sorry about your losses. I hope you jump right in and feel at home here. This is a great board with tons of support. All the feelings you have are normal. We have all been through/going through them. Here's to a happy and healthy 9 months.

Brittanie September 25th, 2008 04:45 PM

Sam!! I was so excited when I saw this from you! WOOHOO!! I agree with Pamela, the more the merrier!! LOADS of healthy sticky dust to you!

Are you on a higher dose of folic acid at all? My best friend's sister has a son with spina bifida, so now all the of them are on high doses of folic acid while pregnant. Keryn, because she's had it happen before, and her sisters, because the tendency can be genetic.

Anyway, :dothug: I'm so happy to see you here!

Pitridge September 25th, 2008 04:58 PM

YAY Sam!!!! I'm so happy that you are here! I hope you feel right at home here.

IAMommy September 25th, 2008 04:59 PM

Thanks you guys! :wub:

Brittany, I am on a higher dose of folic acid. I have to take 4 mg everyday + prenatal. My OB wants me to continue with this high dose until we are well into the 2nd trimester.

I went through all kinds of genetic testing and questions, but no one in either of our families has had a history of this before, so I donít really know how this happened.

Pitridge September 25th, 2008 05:03 PM

I don't know if this is helpful in any way, but I realized how many food have folic acid in them, a lot of the breads have it. Anyway, there goes my two cents

jademyst13 September 25th, 2008 08:15 PM

I am so very sorry for your losses.

Congrats on your new pregnancy and welcome to the board

kalis September 26th, 2008 06:36 AM

welcome - congratulations on your pregnancy!

so sorry about the loss of your twins, i am sure you will find this board to be so supportive. like Judy said, we all either feel or have felt the same way you are. it is a scary time time being pregnant after losses.

dee68 September 26th, 2008 07:43 AM

Sam,

welcome to the board !
my name is Dee, I cohost here with Heather, who just had her baby boy a few days ago :bluecheer:

I am so very sorry for the loss of your twins....
we are glad you found us here......I really think you will find the board helpful ...the ladies are wonderful and SO supportive !!
jump right on in with us .....

Oh and ...

CONGRATULATIONS !!!

Wee3monkeys September 26th, 2008 08:36 AM

Hi Sam!! I'm so sorry for your losses!! :dothug: Congrats on this pregnancy, and welcome to PAL!!!! You'll love it over here, the ladies are all wonderful!!!! :wub: