JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/)
-   -   Can Someone give me some help? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/1251510-can-someone-give-me-some-help.html)

frankie September 25th, 2008 06:36 PM

Hi Everyone-

I am going to be going through a M/C There is a part of me that says Do not do a D & C i'd rather go natural... But scared it maybe to much to handle... (my husband is strong and is my rock but this can be past horrible)

Is natural better then a D&C?????

Anyone have both? or an opinion on it that would be great!

Thanks!

Danielley08 September 25th, 2008 06:45 PM

First off I am sooo sorry for your loss :(

:dothug:

I have experienced both types of losses...my first m/c was at 6w4d and I had a natural m/c...honestly that was the worst experience of my life...I thought I would just bleed heavily for a bit and it would be over...I ended up bleeding heacvy for 2 weeks and on the day that I actually passed my angel I was at work and looked down at my pants and they were completely soaked in blood...I thought I was hemorraging...unfortunately that was just the *natural* passing...

My 2nd loss was at nearly 12 weeks and I elected the D&C...I didn't want to be somewhere in public and unexpectedly start bleeding so bad...I'd rather know when it happenend and know that my baby was at peace...I did much better with the D&C experience versus the natural...

This is definately a personal choice that you and your DH need to make together...just know that no matter what decision you make it is the best for you...

Once again I am so sorry for your loss :(

frankie September 25th, 2008 06:53 PM

Did you have any scar tissue.. I had a M/C before but it was SO early.. the Dr. messed up i was pregnant and they gave me clomid.. they say that doesnt cause a m/c i truly believe it did so i was like 3 weeks pregnant wasnt bad.. Im about 6 to 7 weeks now.. its so confusing on what to do... I have been reading and it says it takes long to get pregnant if u do a D & C Compared to just natural was that true for you? I don't mean to bring up sad memories for you.. I am just so torn on what to do... I am completly beside myself

Pitridge September 25th, 2008 07:00 PM

I'm so sorry about your lost :dothug:
I had a d&c at 8 weeks, I wanted to know when it over with. I know this might sounds very mean and rude, but I just wanted the out I did not want to pass it. Like Danielle said, I did not want it to happen when I was in public. Either way, it's a very personal choice that you and your husband need to make. I wish you the best of luck.
On the issue of taking longer to get pg, well I got pg 4 months after my d&c. I had the problem that I wasn't Ovulating and we waited 2 cycles before TTC again.

IAMommy September 25th, 2008 07:10 PM

I just wanted to say that I am really sorry for your loss. My heart goes out to you. I don't have experience with D&C, so I'm afraid I can't give you a very good opinion, but what the other girls say does make sense. Lots of: dothug:

frankie September 25th, 2008 07:20 PM

IAMOMMY

Did you have a m/c natural? if so was it awful?

Thank you all for your help... I am really at a loss....

IAMommy September 25th, 2008 07:29 PM

I was induced at 20 wks. Mine was a late loss. It was really hard saying goodbye to my babies and the pregnnacy, and the recovery was pretty long too. I don't mean to upset or scare you, just trying to be as honest as possible. I bled for about a month afterwards.

In the PL board, I think there are several stories of D&C Experiences and Natural M/C Experiences. Maybe these can help you also.

Again, I am so sorry for your loss. :dothug:

Natural -
http://www.justmommies.com/boards/in...?showforum=524

D&C -

http://www.justmommies.com/boards/in...?showforum=523

frankie September 25th, 2008 07:32 PM

THANK YOU... sorry for bringing up a hard memory..

IAMommy September 25th, 2008 07:34 PM

Anytime, we have all be there before too.

kristajoyce September 25th, 2008 07:54 PM

I elected to have the m/c naturally because I knew that I would be at home and I just couldn't stand the thought of them taking my baby that way. I was 17 weeks and of course very attatched (as we all are). We had seen the heart beat many times and I just wanted to have the baby come out on its own and in one peice. I was able to pass the baby in the ER which I was very grateful for, but I ended up having a d&c anyway because of hemorraging and I wouldn't have done it differently even if I knew I would have surgery anyway. In the end, you have to trust your gut for what you want to do. There is no right or wrong answer and it is just a hard and horrible situation. I am so sorry for your loss. We are all here for you.

jademyst13 September 25th, 2008 08:12 PM

I'm sorry you are having to go thru this. I had a m/c at 12 weeks and was given meds (cytotec) to 'induce' the actual m/c. I had it at home and am so gratful that my husband was here for me. If I ever had to do it again I would do it the same, but I hope I never ever do.

kalis September 26th, 2008 06:31 AM

so sorry for you loss. :dothug:
i have had 2 d&cs and 2 m/c without one. i can't say that one was worse or better than the other. and with both the d&cs i was already bleeding before the surgery - they just did them to make sure i wasn't retaining anything in my uterus (they thought i was the second time i had a d&c). both times i had the surgery, i didn't cramp too bad afterwards - i had worse cramping when m/cing on my own- and the bleeding stopped within a handful of days, but like i said the m/cs were already going on beforehand.
at first i really didn't want to do a d&c, i thought it was better to let nature take its course, which is why i didn't the first two times. but in some ways i ended up preferring the d&c b/c then at least my body could be done with the m/c and begin to recover physically.

frankie September 26th, 2008 03:38 PM

THANK YOU ALL for helping me... I am going to try and go with the natural.... AND pray that someday I will have kids....