JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/)
-   -   What do you suggest? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/1260881-what-do-you-suggest.html)

Mommy2Makenna October 5th, 2008 01:41 AM

Well, I haven't made my first prenatal appt. yet. I'm trying to decide how long I should wait. I'm sure they will do an u/s due to the previous m/c and I want to wait until they should definitely see a heartbeat. I'm currently 4 weeks. I was thinking 7 or 8 weeks. What do you suggest?

*Pamela* October 5th, 2008 02:47 AM

Congrats on your pregnancy!!! I would wait for 7 to 8 weeks, your doctor's door is always open should you have any questions or concerns too.

princesskate October 5th, 2008 08:11 AM

Congrats on your pregnancy hun :cheer:

I phoned my doctor that day after I found out, I was 10dpo when i went and saw him :lol: Right away he booked my scan for me, booked me in with the midwife and sent me for my beta's doing. I couldnt have wished for better health care :smile:

Quote:

your doctor's door is always open should you have any questions or concerns too.[/b]
:ditto: If you have any concerns/questions you can ring your doctor before you have your appointment xxx

woohoo502 October 5th, 2008 08:45 AM

At 7 or 8 weeks, you should definitely be able to see a heart beat. I was able o see he heartbeat at my first ultrasound, which was 6 weeks 2 days. Good luck!

Melanie0507 October 5th, 2008 09:11 AM

I went in for an early U/S at 6w3d and wasn't able to see anything clearly, but went back at 7w3d and saw a beautiful bean with a wonderful hb!!

Good luck Sacha!

heatherrose415 October 5th, 2008 09:32 AM

7 or 8 weeks you will definitely see a heartbeat, so that time sounds good!!!

Sabina October 5th, 2008 07:21 PM

Congrats! If you want to see a h/b best to wait until 7 or 8 weeks (although that can seem like a lifetime) I hope you have a great pg!

Mommy2Makenna October 5th, 2008 08:20 PM

Thanks for the advice, ladies! I think I've decided to try and make my appt. the week of 10/27. That will put me sometime between 7w3d and 8w0d. Hopefully by scheduling it that far in advance I can get an appointment in the late afternoon so DH can go with me. I'm sure I will be a nervious wreck at that appt. Thanks again, you ladies are the best!

mom 2 haley & tyler October 6th, 2008 06:46 AM

I think that's a great time to go Sacha. You should def see everything by then. I'm so excited for you!!

Pitridge October 6th, 2008 09:25 AM

Congrats!!!!!!

I agree with the girls I would wait until you are 7W, I saw mine at 6w5d, but I know it's different for everybody.

dee68 October 6th, 2008 09:54 AM

that sounds like a great time for a first u/s
:bluecheer: Congratulations !!!! :bluecheer:

Wee3monkeys October 6th, 2008 01:14 PM

Congrats on your pregnancy, Sacha!!! I think you picked a great time to go for your first u/s!!! :bluecheer: