JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/)
-   -   I must be crazy (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/1324123-i-must-crazy.html)

dee68 November 22nd, 2008 07:39 PM

but for the past few days, I could swear I am feeling a baby moving around once in awhile :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink:
maybe everything is just moving back into place?

angelmomjen November 22nd, 2008 08:20 PM

Ive heard of that...its phantom kicks...I think its really common but probally feels so weird!

victorialv November 22nd, 2008 09:50 PM

Wow - I have never heard of that.....that is really interesting....

Danica November 23rd, 2008 08:39 AM

Wow, that would be a strange feeling. My friend keeps saying that too and isn't pregnant. You're probably right, maybe everything is still shrinking back in place.

Send some of those kick vibes my way. I want to feel this baby move darn it!

Brittanie November 23rd, 2008 09:25 AM

Oh man, I had phantom movements SO BADLY after Erin. It actually started at 5-6 months after she was born and continued right up until I got pregnant again. I got used to it, but at first it really weirded me out!

MrsPoe November 23rd, 2008 10:17 AM

I had them after Abby. Its very freaky, but mine went away closer to the year mark. I think it is everything shrinking back to normal size. Your not crazy!!

madmum_sarah November 23rd, 2008 10:25 AM

i had them over a year after DD was born! :lol:
i never did find a reason why i was still getting them but although strange, they are not painful.
xx

Ben,Logan&Kaitlin'sMommy November 23rd, 2008 10:44 AM

phantom kicks freak me out!!!!

dee68 November 23rd, 2008 12:09 PM

I have never heard of that before !

see why I have to talk to you gals about everything !!

Brittanie November 23rd, 2008 12:24 PM

I had one of my nurses talk to me about phantom movement after I delivered Cora, before I left the hospital. Apparently she didn't want me to be really upset by it if it happened, which was nice of her. I never really felt it after Cora though. Maybe because I got pregnant again so quickly?

kalis November 23rd, 2008 06:05 PM

alright, i am not crazy. i have been having 'phantom kicks' too - that's even what i've been calling them, but i wasn't sure what was going on. figured things were still changing in there.

Mommy2Makenna November 23rd, 2008 06:33 PM

I've never heard of that before. I'm glad to know about it now so if it happens to me it might not freak me out so much. I too am SO anxious to feel this baby inside me. There have been a couple times when I thought I felt something, but the location just didn't seem to be the right place, so I've chalked it up to gas, and various other things.

Nykoal November 23rd, 2008 08:06 PM

I remember feeling those after Makenna was born! I never knew anybody else to experience it but I'm glad to know I'm not the only one.

Eleysia November 23rd, 2008 08:54 PM

OMG Dee thank you for posting this. Forever now ive just thought I was nuts, but i felt them too. I had no idea that there was an actual name for it. Obviously i dont get them anymore but I swore i felt them for about a month or two after :blink:

Doodle November 23rd, 2008 10:15 PM

I get them too! I rub my belly and complain to DH about that darn phantom baby! Phantom baby is killing me b/c i'm so ready to be pregnant again. Now to get DH back on board